PDA

View Full Version : DDP CS restaurant on Boardwalk ????

PittFan
02-23-2010, 11:25 AM
We are planning on staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in October. We will be on the DDP and we are used to enjoying a CS meal after we get back to the Resort. We have previously stayed at the Value Resorts and simply went to the foodcourt, but there seems to be a lack of DDP CS places to eat on the Boardwalk. Any suggestions ???

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2010, 11:43 AM
We are also staying at BWI for the first time in April and have the same question and would also like to know where you would get your refillable mug and refills.
Thanks guys!

PlutoPlanet
02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
We go to the Boardwalk Bakery to get our mugs. We can get CS breakfast and lunch sandwiches there too. It's not our favorite use of the CS credit, but it is fine and quite convenient if you are already there.
For lunch we prefer to take the short walk into EPCOT and have a CS lunch in France.

PlutoPlanet
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Postscript - you'll love the Boardwalk.

PittFan
02-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you for the responses. :mickey: We spend most of the day in the parks, we are looking for somewhere to have a DDP CS meal after we return to the resort in the evening. Are there any CS restaurants on the Boardwalk ?

Jared
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
The Epcot resort area is my absolute favorite place to stay, but you have highlighted perhaps its greatest flaw. There is a decided and apparent lack of quality counter service options anywhere near the BoardWalk, in my opinion.

The Magic Kingdom area as the Contempo Cafe and Captain Cook's, Animal Kingdom Lodge has the Mara. What does the Epcot area have? Nothing, really.

The Boardwalk Bakery is probably the best option, depending on what you're looking for. But there is no seating, and the menu selections are limited.

For a good counter service meal on the dining plan, you are best off having something in Epcot.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
From what I see, there's the Pizza window, the Boardwalk to go kiosk. But, that's about it.

This is much like SSR. While there is Artists Pallette, there's nothing else. No TS there either.

DisneyBunch
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
As an earlier poster stated, you'll probably have to get a CS meal in EPCOT. One good thing though is that EPCOT has very good CS options. Several of the countries (Yakitori House in Japan and Cantina de San Angel in Mexico are both very good) have CS options. Sunshine Seasons in The Land has probably the broadest menu offerings that you will find anywhere in WDW, and they have superior CS dessert options from their bakery. :mickey:

ElenitaB
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
The Boardwalk Bakery offers sandwiches and salads and there is a small amount of outside seating. The pizza window is right next door and there is also seating available there (outside). If it's cold or raining, you're really out of luck.

When we're not in the mood for sandwiches/salads, we usually head over to Epcot or the Beach Club, where you can chose from Hurricane Hanna's or the Beach Club Marketplace.

The Boardwalk is one of our favorite resorts, even without a food court.

PittFan
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
The Boardwalk Bakery offers sandwiches and salads and there is a small amount of outside seating. The pizza window is right next door and there is also seating available there (outside). If it's cold or raining, you're really out of luck.

When we're not in the mood for sandwiches/salads, we usually head over to Epcot or the Beach Club, where you can chose from Hurricane Hanna's or the Beach Club Marketplace.

The Boardwalk is one of our favorite resorts, even without a food court.

Are Hurricane Hanna's & BC Marketplace open around 10 pm ???? I don't think the Pizza Window is on the DDP. :(

Hammer
02-24-2010, 06:48 PM
From what I see, there's the Pizza window, the Boardwalk to go kiosk. But, that's about it.

This is much like SSR. While there is Artists Pallette, there's nothing else. No TS there either.

Just a slight correction. SSR does have a table service restaurant, Turf Club Bar and Grill, which is open for dinner.

Yeah, the lack of CS for any meal is a drawback of the WDW Epcot resorts. My sister had to do some work for her job a few mornings while we were there last year and she was really limited when looking for a hot quick service breakfast.

garthbarth1
02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
We use the QSDP and will never stay at BWI again. On the actual Boardwalk there is one QS option...the bakery. If you are ok with cold sandwiches and salads, than you will be fine. There is a pizza window and coney dog stand but neither are on the DDP. The only other options are TS restaurants. Good luck!