PDA

View Full Version : Something new - "Member Since" buttons

WDWdriver
02-23-2010, 07:16 AM
From the WDW Cast Member information web site:

Beginning Feb. 26, Disney Vacation Club® Members will be able to celebrate their Disney vacations with special "Member Since" buttons, available at a variety of locations at both the Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort.
These special celebration buttons are a wonderful opportunity for Disney Vacation Club Members to be recognized by our Cast as well as provide Member-to-Member and Member-to-Guest conversation starters. Cast Members are encouraged to use the phrase "Welcome Home" when they notice a Member wearing the button. This is a familiar phrase to Members, of course, as it's the message they hear whenever they arrive at a Disney Vacation Club Resort or are greeted by a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member.

A space on the button allows customization by Cast Members of the year the Member joined Disney Vacation Club.

DizneyRox
02-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Sounds like a marketing/sales plan more than anything else...

MarkC
02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
That was my thought too Rox. Wonder how much they will charge me to advertise for them? Of course if I buy a Nike t-shirt I pay for advertising for Nike. Someone came up with some great marketing strategy there.

DisneyDudet
02-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Wonder where these buttons will be found? I don't know, it seems a little fun to me!

seanyred
02-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Of course its a marketing sceme but I do like the idea of being able to identify other members while at the parks it could be great conversation piece if your meeting new people.

From the description it sounds like the the buttons that you get for "1st Visit" "birthday" or the "I'm celebrating..." So I'm guessing they will be free. I'll see if I can find them this coming week when we go back.

dlpmikki
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
The longer you have been a member, the more you will want one! :D

Member since 1992.......

DonLefNY
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Wonder which date I get to use. One of our resale contracts we bought in 2002 came with membership cards in our name but say member since 1995, which was the date the original owners purchased it.

TheDuckRocks
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
The longer you have been a member, the more you will want one! :D

Member since 1992.......

I don't know we're pretty much newbies to DVC and I'd love one.

Belle_0717
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Looking forward to get them on the next trip. Hoping we can make it in October with the family for the girls' first visit.

Lakin
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Even though I am not a member of DVC, I think this is a great idea. It is a cool way of members being able to identify each other and discuss - and Disney even gets advertising from it.

vizsla
03-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Looking forward to getting one on our trip in the fall.

MarkC
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm also a member, but I'm curious to whether you would be a little bit shy about advertising that you are a member? Would people look at us as coming across a little bit "high society" or snooty? I've seen the nice Beach Club DCV jackets and thought about buying one but wondered how it would look. Just wondering.

fielin
03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
I can't afford DVC, but I would not think you are snooty, just lucky !

Enjoy your button ! :)

DVCDisneyMom
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I will love that everyone has these buttons. What a great way to connect with other members!!

Minniequinn
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
We are going in 14 days. We are new DVC ers at BLT and I want a button. :mickey::mickey:

LCPZA
03-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I am getting my button in 14 days!
Can't wait

laprana
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my button during our May trip! Even if it is some big, secret Disney conspiracy to have DVC members advertise for them...I don't care, bring on the button! It could be argued that anyone who buys a WDW/Disney T-shirt, coffee mug, or any other souvenir from the parks and resorts is paying to advertise for Disney. At least the DVC buttons are free! :thumbsup:

seanyred
03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I got my button last week. I got more comments from Cast Members because alot of them haven't seen the button yet. As of last week the only places we found the buttons were at the DVC kiosks in the parks. It didn't start to many conversations but I was also chasing after a 2 year old most of the time.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Can't wait to get one in October.

One thing about DVC and timeshares in general....

Our family has owned a timeshare on Hilton Head Island since the early 80's. While it works on the week system, not points, we went the same week every year and met up with families that had the same vacation pattern as we did. Great friendships and fun was had each summer.

We believe that with our DVC membership and our travel patterns and preferences, that we will most likely be going every October until we buy so many points that we go every month. :blush:

Wouldn't it be cool to meet other DVC members and maybe find families that we get to know and see every year like we did at Hilton Head? That was one of the funnest things about our HHI vacations... meeting up with our "summer" friends year after year. :thumbsup:

Donald A
04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I got a "member since" button and a nice DVC book on our disney cruise a couple months ago. Funny thing was we didn't go on points and were guests of my parents. Some computer must have linked everything somewhere at the Walt Disney Co.

Tinkermom
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I was a bit disappointed in this new button. We stopped our first day at MK at the DVC kiosk and got buttons for all of us. The CM there was a bit rude acting like she did not want to give them to all of us (there are 5 of us). My 13 year old DS made a comment that he did not need one but I wanted him to get one and she said "he said he does not want one". I asked her to please just give me his. :mad:

We wore our buttons our entire trip and not once did a CM comment or did I see anyone else with their button on. DH and I went to WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary in October and wore our "Happy Anniversary" buttons and just about every CM we encountered wished us a happy anniversary. One CM on the dock at Tom Sawyer Island even got a crowd waving to us and saying "happy anniversary!" while we were on the steamboat!

Maybe the "Member Since" buttons will gain more popularity as time goes by. :shrug:

Disney4us2
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I was present at a DVC member promo at Disneyland last week. My friend (DVC owner) was given one of those. I didn't know the DVC kiosks have the buttons.

mdhiggin
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I stopped by Epcot DVC kiosk to grab a park map, mentioning that I was already a DVC member. He asked since when, wrote my year on it and gave me the free button. I didn't know they were giving out buttons. They are the big round ones like birthday and anniversary buttons. It's always fun to get something free even if it is advertising.