PDA

View Full Version : rides in September?

gollybass
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
We are now planning to visit september 12th through September 19th to miss Labor day weekend, will many of the rides be closed at this time of year?

Red Randal
02-23-2010, 01:10 AM
"Many" of the rides? Definitely not.

It's sort of "off season" so you do run the risk of a headliner being down for routine maintenance. It's not especially likely and would be announced well in advance so it wouldn't be a shock when you get to the park. At most, maybe 1 or 2 rides in a park may be closed, probably not more than 3 or 4 in the entire resort and even that may not be the case. It's definitely not something to worry to much about.

Although I would make sure to plan to see the nighttime entertainment, if you're interested in it. Fantasmic, and the Magic Kingdom parade and fireworks (whatever they may be come September) may not be seen every night, so you'll need to plan in advance to be at the right park on the right night.

gollybass
02-23-2010, 01:25 AM
I think the reason it is a worry at all is because we went to Disneyland last January and the haunted mansion was shut (taking down christmas stuff) I just hope nothing major is out!

Polynesian Dweller
02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Haven't seen anything published for rides yet. But we go every fall (20 years) and it's been rare for something not to be down. We just expect it now and no trip has ever been ruined by it. Hopefully this year will be one without a refurb going on.

Red Randal
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I think the reason it is a worry at all is because we went to Disneyland last January and the haunted mansion was shut (taking down christmas stuff) I just hope nothing major is out!

Well I certainly can't guarantee that SOMETHING won't be down. Last year Space Mountain was down almost all year. In the fall of 2007 I was there and Big Thunder Mountain and Spaceship Earth were down.

What I will tell you is that there will never be a situation where Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, and Kali River Rapids, for instance, are all down.

You just never know what you're going to miss. They might schedule Splash Mountain to be closed...or they'll schedule Donald's Boat. You probably won't know until the summer.

TeamJonasSister
02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
We go every year in September and have never found it to be a problem. All the rides were open except the ones being refurbished. If I remember correctly, last year the only thing we didn't get to ride was Space Mountain and the boat ride in The Land.

Pirate Granny
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Best part about going in September is that they start the Halloween Party then...
HURRAY
:pirate: