PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite time to go?

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Sept/October is our Disney month. Of all the different times of the year that we have been, nothing beats early fall for us.

We love the F&W festival and MNSHHP. We love that it is still warm and their are virtually no lines for even major attractions. It also helps that there are usually discounts if we need it and it is low DVC points if we still have any! :secret:

When do you like to go and why?

SBETigg
02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
My favorite stays have been in October and early November. But last year, I discovered that April (weeks after Easter) is also quite nice, too. Manageable crowds, decent weather. We've gone in August, but it has become unbearably hot for us. Not that the weather then has changed, but we have.

vicster
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
September/October

jodijo
02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Anytime!

ibrowse17
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
We have been during almost all of the times of the year, but the week before Chrirstmas has become our favorite time:thumbsup:

disneymom15
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd have to say early Dec. Although, I would go at the drop of a hat.

wdwnutz
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Mid-November and Early to Mid-December. There are basically no lines and the weather is wonderful! Plus the Xmas decorations and shows are up & running.

DonaldsBFF
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
The last two times that we went was at Cristmas. Love all the decorations and the feeling of being there at this time of year. I will say the last time was Christmas thru New Year and won't ever do that again...way to crowded. The time before that was the week after New Year and that was very nice.

I would like to hear more about the Sept and Oct months. I think our next trip will be in the fall. When exactly is a good time in those months to enjoy light crowds.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
The last two times that we went was at Cristmas. Love all the decorations and the feeling of being there at this time of year. I will say the last time was Christmas thru New Year and won't ever do that again...way to crowded. The time before that was the week after New Year and that was very nice.

I would like to hear more about the Sept and Oct months. I think our next trip will be in the fall. When exactly is a good time in those months to enjoy light crowds.

We have gone in December and liked how empty it was. However, when we did MVMCP, we had to wear winter coats and gloves! While it was beautifully decorated and very festive (love the Osborn lights) just wasn't the same as being in real snow for Christmas ( not main street snow!)

Just about any time in september and/or october is perfect for light crowds - except Labor day weekend. But, we go usually 2nd or 3rd week in October. It truly is the best for us. Soarin's longest wait time was 45 minutes w/o fast pass. Many nights we felt alone in the parks especially the EMH. The day we went to AK, we walked passed a line for Mickey and Minnie TOGETHER for pics and there was only 3 people in line! Going to see the Festival of the Lion King, all the sections were only 1/2 full and we walked in after it started. - when everyone was practising their animal sounds. MK was the same... we were not crowded at all for Wishes. and all the rides said 5-10minute wait times. The one thing that was a long line was waiting for Tinkerbell and Friends at Pixie Hallow. We didn't get there right away because we waited 10 minutes for Ariel and rode all the Fantasyland rides - yes all of them - by 10:30am when the park opened at 9!

For adults, the F&W festival is the BEST EVENT EVER! And any time we've been in October, it seems to have been near record heat (high 80's - 90's). We have always been able to swim. Also, MNSSHP is SOOOOO much fun! We have gone 2x already. It is definitly a great time. You see villians and characters you normally wouldn't, take pics with Cindy's coach, all 7 dwarfs and Snow White, trick or treating in MK and dancing (great character interaction) in the streets!

I almost don't want to tell too many people for fear that the crowds may pick up on my little secret! :D:secret:

Wrigley
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Our new favorite time to visit is late October/early November. We visited this past year Oct. 29-Nov. 7 and the weather was perfect (never a drop of rain and nice temps), and very low crowd levels.

We also enjoyed taking part in MNSSHP and then also being able to enjoy the Christmas decorations that were up by the end of our stay.

We are hoping to make this time of year our time to visit!:mickey:

caryrae
02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Sept/Oct so we can be there during MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival in one trip.

kreme28pa
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
we enjoy may for mothers day.december was nice but was so crowded weekend after the parade taping for cheerleader competitions

DizNee143
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
my most favorite time to visit disney is in january..usually the first we or so..i love going then..the temps are warmer than they are in jersey..so its always nice to get a way to some where warmer..even if its 50 in florida its still warmer lol..plus there isnt really any crowds..and you still get to see some of the christmas decorations..
when i was younger and would go with my parents and sister we always went in late november..and it was always nice going there at that time also..
ive been a few times now at the end of sept begining of oct and its a hit or miss with nice temps or it being way to hot!
ive gone in july and august also but its just waaaaaaaay to hot for me at those times..
granted if anyone ever wanted to give me a trip to disney id go whenever lol! :mickey:

brownie
02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Whenever I can! So far, fall has been my favorite time to go, although right after Thanksgiving is a very close second.

forever a child
02-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I am hoping May! :mickey: