PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mug question

luvDaMouse
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I am doing a split stay at 2 different resorts, If I purchase a refillable mug at the first resort can I use it at the next resort??? or do I have to purchase another one? :confused:

faline
02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Your purchase is for your length of stay . I would imagine that, since you have two different reservations, one for each resort, that your length of stay at your first resort ends when you check out at that resort. You would be starting a new length of stay at your second resort.

Strmchsr
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't know. That's a tough one, because it's really just one vacation, even if you're split between two resorts. I see Linda's point, but I would lean the other direction and say your length of stay is however long you're there on that vacation. I'm not sure what Disney's official rule on this is. Maybe call the resort directly and ask. If you find out, let us know.

minnie-mouse
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Where do you purchase these at the Poly? Cna you get free coffee and soda in them?

Strmchsr
02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Where do you purchase these at the Poly? Cna you get free coffee and soda in them?

You purchase the mugs in the food court at all resorts. You are then eligible to refill the mug with anything at the beverage bar - sodas, coffee, hot chocolate - for the length of your stay. I think the mugs are around $13, but it beats buying a new drink every day and you have a nice souvenir to take with you.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
You purchase the mugs in the food court at all resorts. You are then eligible to refill the mug with anything at the beverage bar - sodas, coffee, hot chocolate - for the length of your stay. I think the mugs are around $13, but it beats buying a new drink every day and you have a nice souvenir to take with you.

It is a nice souvenir! I am drinking my afternoon tea from it right now!

kakn7294
02-22-2010, 10:04 PM
It's an interesting question and I'm curious about the answer myself. Now that the mugs are generic and each resort uses the same ones, it seems only fair that it should span your entire stay but from the days when the mugs were resort-specific, you would have had to purchase a new mug at each resort so I'm betting that would still be policy.

PetefromRI
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
We've resort hopped before and the CM at the 2nd resort told us that it was O.K. to use the mug at the 2nd resort.I understand the rule but lets be real,it's the same vacation.They have to word it like they do because alot of people don't understand commonsense but as I said,we were told that it was O.K..

Patricia
02-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I ended up switching resorts (unexpectedly) during my last stay and I was told my mug would still be good for the rest of my trip. They still considered it to be my length of stay. :mickey:

I think it helps now that the mugs are priced the same in all resorts. The price is now $12.99 plus .85 tax for a total of $13.84.

Jared
02-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I ended up switching resorts (unexpectedly) during my last stay and I was told my mug would still be good for the rest of my trip. They still considered it to be my length of stay. :mickey:

I think it helps now that the mugs are priced the same in all resorts. The price is now $12.99 plus .85 tax for a total of $13.84.
That sounds fair. It really doesn't seem reasonable that groups that split their stay between two resorts would have to purchase two expensive mugs. I know Disney rolls out some strange policies, but I think it got this one right.

BigThunderFan
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
It is a nice souvenir! I am drinking my afternoon tea from it right now!

Drinking out of mine right now too ;)

It brings a smile to my face even though it's cold & snowy outside. (or maybe it's the "It's a Small World" playing on my headphones right now...) Either way I'm smiling and I'm at work, so something is going right.:thumbsup:

spoonful of sugar
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
i was wondering what the mugs currently look like? have they changed them at all from last year? wasn't impressed by the last one they had and actually wish they would bring the older style ones back which seemed much wider and like you got more in them.

BigThunderFan
03-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I think they are the same as last year from what I have heard. They are the red mug with different colored lids and some of the characters on the outside.

Still don't hold very much... I really wish they were bigger, but then that might cut into the revenue they make on them if people drank too much of that fountain pop that costs about $0.05 a cup. :D

spoonful of sugar
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
thanks for the info. and yeah you are right about if they were bigger it would cut into the $0.05 cost, lol. it just stinks being that when you go and fill up by the time you get back to your room you need another refill. plus, i love a cold soda so i use a ton of ice and that kills the amount of room left for the actual soda.