PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help

momef3grls
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
We had originally planned a girls only trip and we were going to splurge and stay at BC. Financial situation has changed and DH has now decided to join us so plans are changing. BC is now out due to our situation so my question is this....Moderate or Value? We have stayed at POR quite a bit and would like to try another resort. We are a family that spends most of our time wandering the parks or checking out the other resorts and are rarely in our room. We are celebrating my youngest DD sweet 16 and would like to do something special for her. I know there are pros and cons to both catagories and also to all the different hotels. We are primarily an Epcot and DHS family. So what are your favorites and why? I value the opinions of everyone on the boards. You have been very helpful in the past. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

pamickeys
02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
we tried the ASMusic and found that what you paid for, and what you really got , makes the values a lot more sensible. You've got to ride a bus no matter which Value or Mod that you stay at; the food courts at the value are surprisingly pretty good; it's just a room and everything works the same. so save your money and splurge on dinners or entertainment. and if you're out late and don't want to use the bus system to get back ,you've got cab fare.

Ms. Mode
02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Have you ever stayed at CBR? It has a 'beach" area and it's close to DHS. The rooms are very nice too. Bus service is very good. It's a plus, plus :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Definitely give CBR a try. We stayed there with our little girls and loved it. They recently renovated the pool area and have a splash park area that the kids love, pools by every building, food court with a great variety of food, beautiful lush grounds with lots of playgrounds, good bus service and the rooms are a good size. You can't go wrong with CBR. We loved it!

RedSoxFan
02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
CBR is a lovely resort. The grounds are beautiful too. Busses are very reliable. Food court is good. However, if we go in late 2010, we are considering CSR as they have queen size beds for a moderate price.

SBETigg
02-22-2010, 07:33 PM
You could price out the Swan and Dolphin. It might be a good time to try one of them.

badkitty
02-23-2010, 02:08 AM
You could price out the Swan and Dolphin. It might be a good time to try one of them.

:ditto:

You can take the boat to Epcot and DHS.