PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how many park guests are now DVC members

Aurora
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
With there being so many DVC rooms on property now, I wonder what the theme park visitor percentages are of DVC guests vs. WDW resort guests vs. off-site guests. Any way to find out? I'm sure the company has some kind of data about this; just don't know whether it's available.

I think if they keep creating and converting DVC rooms, the changing profile of the average theme park visitor may influence some decision-making about park experiences.

What do you think?

DVC2004
02-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't know if there is any way to find out- I am sure Disney has some info based on surveys, etc. But they can't really track from tickets because DVC members aren't getting special tickets or anything. Tickets aren't tied to the room key because it's not a pakcage deal, etc. as you probably already know.

I know a year ago there were 300,000-something members. That's really not alot in terms of visitors annually to the parks. I would stay it's still relatively small and all the memebrs would never be there all at once. Just my guess.

seanyred
02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know if there is any way to find out- I am sure Disney has some info based on surveys, etc. But they can't really track from tickets because DVC members aren't getting special tickets or anything. Tickets aren't tied to the room key because it's not a pakcage deal, etc. as you probably already know.

I know a year ago there were 300,000-something members. That's really not alot in terms of visitors annually to the parks. I would stay it's still relatively small and all the memebrs would never be there all at once. Just my guess.

The only ticket that is attached to DVC is the Annual Pass, since the discount is offered. But I'm sure not every DVCer gets the AP. But I'm sure they know how many DVC members are using points at WDW but that doesn't mean they are all in the parks.

I agree that DVC Members are probably the smallest group at WDW. My guess is that one-time vacationers and FL residents make up the bulk of people attending the parks.

DVC2004
02-22-2010, 01:22 PM
The only ticket that is attached to DVC is the Annual Pass, since the discount is offered. But I'm sure not every DVCer gets the AP. But I'm sure they know how many DVC members are using points at WDW but that doesn't mean they are all in the parks.

I agree that DVC Members are probably the smallest group at WDW. My guess is that one-time vacationers and FL residents make up the bulk of people attending the parks.

Right and I don't even know really if the AP is "triggered" to the ticket counter or whatever that it's DVC sepcifically. Yes it's discounted because it's DVC but the actual AP itself is still the same AP eveyone gets (isn't it?). Meaning that you still get vouchers, have to activate, etc. Maybe it says omething on there like DVC member- I don't know, it's been a while since I bought the APs.

Ian
02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Right and I don't even know really if the AP is "triggered" to the ticket counter or whatever that it's DVC sepcifically. Yes it's discounted because it's DVC but the actual AP itself is still the same AP eveyone gets (isn't it?). Meaning that you still get vouchers, have to activate, etc. Maybe it says omething on there like DVC member- I don't know, it's been a while since I bought the APs.It says right on the AP that it's a DVC AP, so I'm sure they know. But that's not reliable enough to tell them anything significant.

My guess is that DVC guests make up varying percentages of guests depending on the time of year. In July? Probably under 10%. In January or September or early December? I'd be willing to bet it's closer to 35% or 40%.