PDA

View Full Version : Question on Star Wars Weekend

GoDuke#1
02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
We have scheduled a day at the Studios for Sat, 6/12 with Fantasmic later that night. I see it's a Star Wars weekend. Never been there for that. How are the crowds, if you want to go to park and not do Star Wars stuff (what ever they do?) Would we be better off moving our day to another? I don't know what they do, we're just interested in the park and Fantasmic.

thanks for any help you all can give.:mickey:

faline
02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Certain areas of the park get crowded for the Star Wars events but it doesn't seem to impact most of the rides all that much. Where you find the crowds will be around the Star Wars attraction and where the various stars of the movie(s) will be appearing.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
We went for Star Wars Weekend and didn't know it! It was during our Honeymoon I believe. It was elbow to elbow by Star Tours but, was "normal" everywhere else. We actually got our picture with a whole bunch of the characters... oddly enough, there was no line for the characters... but, huge congregations outside of the attraction. We couldn't see (or cared to) anything "special" right in front. I think all of the crowd confusion aided to our "walk-right-up" to the characters.

MOJoe
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Honestly, if you are not the least bit interested in Star Wars, you probably will be happier changing your date. While the lines for some of the attractions like Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror will be normal, the park as a whole will be packed way beyond normal. All those extra people make getting around difficult, and they take up space at the restaurants too.

Why fight the crowds if you don't have to?

BigThunderFan
02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I agree with the PP, why fight the crowds if you don't have to. Plus the fact that Fantasmic! is that night means the park as a whole will be that much more crowded the entire day.

If you really want to see F! then I suggest using a park hopper and coming in later to catch the show and then get the heck out of Dodge! :secret:

crltkcagle
02-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I agree, we were there last year for star wars and it was quite crowded. Think of it this way, thats a lot more people rushing to Toy Story Mania at rope drop. ;)

Honestly, if you are not the least bit interested in Star Wars, you probably will be happier changing your date. While the lines for some of the attractions like Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror will be normal, the park as a whole will be packed way beyond normal. All those extra people make getting around difficult, and they take up space at the restaurants too.

Why fight the crowds if you don't have to?

Tikibacca
03-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Theres a Big Starwars Convention goin on aug 12th thru 15th . Think they will have the Starwars weekend then ?? I know the ride will be opened ?? Just curious if whatever else they do on the starwars weekends will be there for that big event for all us starwars fans.

KylesMom
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I would agree that if you're not interested in Star Wars, I'd stay clear for the weekend. We've been to many a SWW, but if I wasn't interested in the festivities, characters, specialty parade, etc., I'd steer clear. It does bring in more crowds than your typical weekend, IMHO. :mickey:

Theres a Big Starwars Convention goin on aug 12th thru 15th . Think they will have the Starwars weekend then ?? Disney's Star Wars Weekends is an annual event, usually held the last two weekends of May and the first two weekends of June each year. The Convention you mentioned is Celebration V which was announced in early December. If Disney and Lucas had wanted a tie-in between the two events, they would have planned it as such.

I highly doubt you'll see much, if anything in the way of Star Wars events at Disney in August other than the regular Jedi Training & Star Tours attractions.

Tikibacca
03-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah i think they would have said something. So whats difference between the reg days and weekends when they have the startours weekends ?? Is it just the ride thats open , no characters or show?