PDA

View Full Version : iPhone app

Physcayt
02-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your reviews are on available iPhone apps? Are there any really useful, or even entertaining apps?
Thanks

cayt :mickey:

thrillme
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh there are SOOOOO many. We love Fandango (tells what movies are playing), there's Tools which are a leveler, compass...etc. Just sooo many. If you're a Facebook fan...they have an app you can download to access this. I use it more than my computer.

Just recently we found "Redscan" or something like that. We haven't tried it yet but you use your camera to scan the UPC and it runs a check with businesses in the local area to find out if it's cheaper. Like I said...we have not tried this yet but I'm really really curious about it.

Physcayt
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the speedy replies.

I should have been more specific.:blush: I was wondering about Disney Theme park related apps. Thanks again tho.

DizneyRox
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Nope, can't help you there. I can't imagine any of them being much help in the parks.

The Animal Drums game is a pretty fun game however! Like Guitar Hero with Animal from the Muppets.

Genie1953
02-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your reviews are on available iPhone apps? Are there any really useful, or even entertaining apps?
Thanks

cayt :mickey:

Just sent you a private message about the IPhone Apps.

ryca1dreams
02-23-2010, 07:55 AM
There is a free one for Mouse World Radio - if you're into that kind of stuff.:mickey:

Patricia
02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Some of the Disney Theme Park apps are useful if you need to use the maps to find your way around and don't like a paper map. I used the UPinpoint maps for hours and show times while in the parks. There are apps you can get for wait times, but they are all fed by other users in the parks at the time.. So, they may or may not be updated. I don't have any of those to comment on.

There are also apps that are only guides, basically telling you what each attraction is, what types of foods and approximate costs (some are itemized) in the different restaurants, I can tell you that WDW Tour Guide provides this information in their app.

All that said I prefer CXI Gaming's Magic Kingdom Tour Guide as their menus include better itemized pricing, they also show smoking areas, first aid, baby stations, phones, photo spots, fast pass attractions, tour plans etc. This app also has GPS if you don't know where you are in a park.. it doesn't provide hours or show times. :(

There is also a transportation wizard that will allow you to put in your start and end point between parks and resorts and it will show you your best options for getting there and an approximate time needed.

Be sure, whatever app you have, to update it before you go for the most current times available.

There are lots of for fun apps that may come in handy when stuck in a queue.. there are Disney puzzles, games and trivia to choose from.