PDA

View Full Version : Do some buffets offer NON-buffet kid's meals?

mrmcgiv
02-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I am thinking ahead and will probably not be going with the Dining plan next trip. We would love to go to O Hana however my kids really will not eat much of what they offer and I hate to pay $13 or whatever it is for dinner for them to eat next to nothing. Does anyone know of they offer traditional kid's meals at a lower price? Last trip we went there, but we were on the DDP, but still they ate very little.

Also, at Boma, it looks like they have some kids friendly items on the menu, but again, could you order a traditional kid's meal there at a lower price or must you get the buffet as they do have kid's items? My daughter would probably like the buffet but my son would rather eat a burger or chix strips and fries only.

I am looking at the menus on intercot and many have not been updated since 2005 or 2006. Anyone know where to get more updated menus?

Thanks!

DVC2004
02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Only one I know of is Ohana dinner- and I guess it would be more family style than buffet. But they do offer plated kids meals no on the menu. They go get them from Kona Cafe next door. However I am not aware of other places doing this...

BigRedDad
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I have seen pictures and read posts on people getting chicken tenders and the like at Ohana's for dinner. I think you just need to ask your server and/or the hostess at the podium.

Jared
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
The title of your thread specifies buffet restaurant, but you asked about a family style location. Every buffet, including Boma, offers a children's section with kid-friendly selections like chicken tenders, pizza and fries. I have not heard of any buffets providing an additional plated meal for children.

At family style restaurants like 'Ohana, you will be able to order a separate meal for your kids. They will not be required to eat off the prix fixe menu. Other family style places, like Garden Grill at Epcot, have a similar policy.

As for your question about menus, check your private messages.

I hope this helps!

Patricia
02-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Not being a big eater I don't eat at buffets but I have joined others at a buffet and was able to order something else.

Once, in band camp.. I mean at an Icot meet, I asked for only a muffin and a coffee at a character breakfast buffet and the CM didn't charge me. :)

As a side note to any of our members eating in WDW:
Please ask the restaurant if they have a copy of a paper menu you can take and forward to us.
We are trying to get the menu section updated.

mrmcgiv
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, i should have said family style, not buffet. do you know if you are still charged the prix fix price even if you get your kid a plated meal. I would hate to pay $15 for chix strips and I would also hate to pay $15, at Ohana for ex and have my son eat nothing.

We may not be on DDP this time, so I would rater get a regular kid's meal my kids would eat for $7-$8 than pay $15 or so for a family meal they will not eat. KWIM?