PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues or Raglan Road??

luvDaMouse
02-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Any one have any reviews of either one of these resteraunts? My dh wants to try HOB, I made a adr at RR. Is the live music at RR only Irish music? How about the food at either one? Any information would be a great help!

SBETigg
02-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Haven't been to HOB, but I'm a big fan of Raglan Road. They have had a U2 cover band, and a band that plays Irish music, to my experience. There's a step dancer who performs periodically through the night. Music doesn't start until 9.

The food at Raglan Road has been incredibly good for us. Appetizers, entrees, and desserts-- all good. We've also had warm, friendly service. You can Google them to find out more. They have their own website.

Twinsowner
02-22-2010, 06:59 AM
I have been to both places more than once. As far as I know they only play irish music at RR. The food though in my opinion is much better at raglan Road than at HOB. I guess if you don't like the music and entertaionment then HOB would be a better choice , but we will choose RR from now on. Will be fun either way though!

DVC2004
02-22-2010, 08:30 AM
RR has excellent food. We were there in December. There was good entertainment too. There was a duo that sang and played guitar and a young lady that would get up and do Irish Dancing every so often. It was an all around good time.

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Personally, I think Raglan Road has a much more interesting menu than House of Blues. I mean, the food HOB is not bad, but it's mostly run-of-the-mill stuff, like hamburgers and sandwiches, with a few Cajun dishes thrown in too.

pandkx3
02-22-2010, 05:26 PM
The food at Raglan Road is really good and the portions are huge, exp. on the childrens menu! This is a big issue for a nine year old:mickey: We love the atmosphere as well.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm going to Raglan Road for the first time in March with recommendations from Intercot! :rocks: