PDA

View Full Version : Old Cosmic Ray Band Question

ryca1dreams
02-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Alright, I seem to remember back at least around 1979-80, in Cosmic Ray's there was a band that would come up from the floor and play. It was where Sonny Eclipse is now.

Am I imagining this or is my memory messed up? :confused: Please tell me I'm not crazy (my son already does). Thanks.

cajunmickey
02-21-2010, 07:45 PM
I also remember a band at cosmic Ray's, not just Sonny Eclipse. You are not crazy!

ILoveLegos
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I've read the first hand experiences of people who played in that band, but have personally only seen Sonny Eclipse play there myself.

<Oh Bright Little Star...> :mickey:

BigRedDad
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
My memory is foggy from then because was in my single digits. There use to be different entertainers there at times. The only one I remember by name is Michael Iceberg and his Iceberg Machine.

tazlikesrobots
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
This might shed some light on the subject :mickey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Iceberg.

Briansmom
02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
YES! There was a one man band that played there during that time. I was a CM at the Tomorrowland Terrace the summer of 78 and saw him EVERYDAY I worked! Also during 79 I was a CM at the ticket booths at TTC on the weekends and he was still there at that time as well. The guy played a crazy synthesizer like machine with lights and stuff. It was pretty cool.:mickey:

brownie
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
We've seen a high school choir group perform, I think in 2000. They came up on a stage that came out of the floor.

SillySymphony
02-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Our company has been responsible for the lion's share of the High School kids you see performing in the Disney Parks. We arrange their adventure, whether it be performance or learning, with the nice CM's from Magic Music Days. This can include parades for our Marching Bands or performances "in concert" at MK; Epcot Center (around World Showcase) and now at DHS. For our more intimately-sized groups, a performance at Cosmic Ray's is extra cool due to the fact that they can be "flown" into the restaurant from below. For these performances, Sonny is given a well deserved holiday....

finaldynasty
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
This is a must see show and resturant to eat in at WDW. I think it would be cool to see a live audience as well.
:mickey: