PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good photo printer.

caryrae
02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Can someone direct me to a good printer for printing photos. I would like one of the all-in-one ones that have the scanner too. I would spend up to $200 for one.

jray21
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
I have the Canon MX850, and I love it. It is a great fax, copier, scanner, and printer. It does double sided printing, and does great photo printing. The only problem is that ink costs a ton, but that is normal with almost all printers. It has 5 ink tanks, 4 for photo's, and 1 for black page printing, so this helps a little.

VWL Mom
02-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I have the HP Photosmart C309 all-in-one. Wireless and bluetooth. Very pleased with the photo and print quality. Ink cartridges aren't too bad ($9.99) and what I like best is that they are separate so you only need to replace as needed. Only complaint is that it is rather large.

Need to add, normally runs about $299 but both Staples and Best Buy run frequent rebates putting it at $199.

DizneyRox
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I've been very happy with my Canon. It's an old PIXMA ip4000. It does fantastic photos and has lasted for years! I had a few others previously, a couple HPs and wouldn't give them another shot. I had paper feed problems from the start and the ink was expensive. Things have changed maybe, but Canon has been real good. I actually have a spare in the basement I got free after rebate, so when this one dies, I'll just flip a switch and be ready to go again.

I opted to go with a wireless print server instead of a built in on the printer. I get the benefits of wireless without the cost on the printer, and I don't have to buy it again should the printer die on me.