PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sickness & Special Seating Options

mom2Z&A
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Intercotees! :D Was wondering if you all could confirm as to whether or not Soarin' and other motion-similated rides at the World have seats available that do not move??? These types of rides tend me make really :sick: but I'd really like to enjoy these with the rest of my family for change. I do ok on roller coasters, just not similated rides.

Also, has the dramamine (sp?) or ginger option worked for those that may be in a similar situation? I haven't tried these before because I would usually entertain myself while the rest of my family would ride.

Thanks!!!

MegaDisney
02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't know if Soarin' would cause any motion sickness, it doesn't for me, but some other attractions do. The openess of the room must be what helps. Also the movement is gentle and slow.

On Star Tours I always feel a little funny. Sitting near the middle of the ride helps as you don't seem to move around as much.

Hope this info helps! :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-21-2010, 12:55 PM
To the best of my knowledge, no, none of the motion rides have seats that don't move. Soarin, though, is really gentle and I haven't heard of any motion sickness problems from it.

TheRustyScupper
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Star Tours does have a non-motion room.

TheVBs
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Bonine has been working wonders for our DDs! Doesn't make them sleepy and lasts for the whole day. I'm going to try it on our next WDW trip.

Superzeus84
02-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I have recently been having a lot of trouble with motion simulator rides and soarin was no exception for me. The first 30 seconds where you get lifted up into the air and then the clouds are showed on the screen was about enough to make me have a panic attack. I took some dramamine before we went to the park and it didnt seem to help. I will tell you though that the second time I rode it I just closed my eyes in the begining and after that I was fine and loved the ride......Dont miss it!

Mission space is a no no for sure though. We rode it because I like to try everything at least once, but that ride was just a bad experiance for me.:thedolls::thedolls:

Frog
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
superzeus, gotta ask, did you do orange or green mission space? (I am trying to decide weather I want to risk it! LOL)

I used the dramamine non drowsy on our last trip and experienced no motion sickness while I was on it, however it did make me feel a ittle loopy. I Just have to decide weather or not to feel loopy or feel sick, cause I wanna ride Rockin Roller coaster!!

Some days I get dizzy riding soaring and others I dont. I am beginning my personal issue with sea sickness had a lot to do with sinus pressure...

Superzeus84
02-23-2010, 09:05 PM
We rode the green version. But, I have anxiety pretty bad at times and I REALLY didnt like being locked into a pod. I love thrill rides but I cannot handle ones like that.

Superzeus84
02-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Rockin ROller Coaster doesnt really bother me. However the first trip we went on, we rode it twice in a row. BIG MISTAKE!:sick::sick:

doombuggygal
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I second the wonders of Bonine (also generically known as Meclizine). My husband is very susceptible to motion sickness and as long as he takes it does not have a problem. Also it does not make you drowsy like Dramamine.