PDA

View Full Version : Help...too many choices

Insanity Clause
02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes, I know I don't go to WDW till next Decmeber but June is when I can make my dinner rez and that will be here quicker than you know and well, I have a terminal case of over planning. I had posted this before I thought but something must have happened because the post disappered so here I go. We will not be staying on property this time around but in a condo about a mile from Disney. What I will miss is the dining plan, I loved just having everything all set and paid for. This time things are a bit tighter on the budget than when we went last year and we figure we can probably do 3 nice table services while we are there. It will be my daughter's 11th birthday and she wants to go to Chef Mickey's for so there is #1, mu husband insists on Le Cellier for #2 and frankly I can't argue with that, I mean, come on...it's Le Cellier. My issue is there are too many choices left over for our final slot which has been left up to me and I can't even come close with coming up with something...

Any suggestions at all and where the best place would be for that last slot?

#1donaldfan
02-21-2010, 08:58 AM
....if you haven't tried Yak n Yeti at AK, you need to....it's our favorite thus far....:thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Have you been to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue? Family style Fried Chicken and Ribs! Your 11 year old will love the show (so will you). Even thought the show has not changed over the years, many people make a point to go every trip to WDW.

We also enjoy 50's Prime Time Cafe, Ohana and Whispering Canyon Cafe. All of these places are fun for you and your 11 year old.

Check out the reviews on line for each place to see if these places work for your family.

By the way, we have reservations for all four for our trip in at the end of March!

Joannelet
02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
It depends on what you like and what price you are going for. Teppan Edo is alot of fun if you like hibachi. (there were a lot of preteens there and they had a lot of fun when I was there). I enjoyed it also as well as my parents and hubby.

Whispering Canyon Cafe like someone mentioned above is great for all ages as well. Lots of fun.

Cali Grill is expensive but if you time it right you can watch the fireworks at MK from there and its spectacular.

Enjoy picking!!! That would be hard to pick just one! :)

crazygoalie39
02-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Concourse Steakhouse!!:cry:

Anyways, our family seems to have a very different taste then a lot of peoples. So I would choose Mama Melrose's. But, since you already have a buffet and a fancier place, I would probably suggest Whispering Canyon for a fun experience.

SBETigg
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Boma or Sanaa. It will give you a chance to explore the AKL, and it's different. If that's not your style, try the GF Cafe or 'Ohana.

Tygger7
02-21-2010, 11:54 AM

I miss Concourse Steakhouse...I wish it was still around. If you're trying to be budget-conscious, I'd suggest Crystal Palace. The food is excellent and you can interact with Pooh & Friends! :tigger:

dmallan
02-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Also, remember there will be two new choices in Epcot this fall. The pizzaria in Italy and the new restaurant in Mexico. I think I heard that the one in Mexico will be two stories, CS on the main floor and TS on the second level, with seating for Illuminations.

KAT1811
02-21-2010, 01:26 PM

:cry: I miss Concourse Steakhouse too! That was our favorite!

If I had to recommend one more it would have to be :tikki: 'Ohana :tikki:. It's a different dining experience, games for the kids, being served from the skewers, all you can eat. And where else can you get a drink in a pineapple :papple: :lei:?

comicguy
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I would suggest:

50's Prime Time at DHS

LTT at MK

Both are very good meals with great service. LTT gives you some characters and all you can eat while 50's give you some nice "home cooking" food with great funny service.

Jared
02-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Didn't you post this question already in another thread? (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167387)