PDA

View Full Version : Preferred seats on Soarin'

tinxmom
02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Have heard mention that there is a "best" spot to sit on Soarin'.....Anyone know anythng about this? Is the view better?

Melanie
02-21-2010, 08:23 AM
We almost always ask for B1. B is the center hanger and row 1 is all the way up (meaning no feet from other guests dangling in front of the screen).

tinxmom
02-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Thank you!

#1donaldfan
02-21-2010, 08:47 AM
...yep, just get as high as you can and most center as possible....!!:cool:

micky95
02-21-2010, 09:20 AM
i agree,section b is best but i like row 2. you dont get the distortion of the curved screen.also the more you,re sitting toward the middle of the row the better.:mickey:still counting down to jan.2011 !!

Scar
02-21-2010, 09:21 AM
I remember reading that the way the film and screen were designed, the center of B2 is the best view. Of course you will see feet, but for the view of the movie itself, this puts you right in the center of the screen.

Melanie
02-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I remember reading that the way the film and screen were designed, the center of B2 is the best view. Of course you will see feet, but for the view of the movie itself, this puts you right in the center of the screen.

Yeah, I guess it's what you prefer - edge of the screen or feet.

MegaDisney
02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
We always ask for and wait for B1.

SBETigg
02-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I like B2 best.

websitekid
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Do the workers let you pick what seat you want? Or do you just have to hope for the best when you get seated on Soarin?

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2010, 03:55 PM
You can ask for a specific row. You just may have to wait a few extra minutes :mickey:

DakotaDisney
02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Do the workers let you pick what seat you want? Or do you just have to hope for the best when you get seated on Soarin?

It also depends on how busy they are and if you are willing to break up your group. When I have ridden Soarin I was by myself, so I could easily get where I wanted to sit, by asking politely.

I think it also helps to treat the cast members nicely/politely. They don't have to let you choose your spot, they need to keep things moving as smoothly and quickly as possible.
If you ask nicely (don't demand it) and are willing to wait a little they usually will help you out with going where you'd like.

Kindness and good manners goes a long way!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I've been on the ride plenty of times where I've seen the CMs decline letting people wait for seats, no matter how nicely asked. Sometimes too many people want to wait for specific seats and it's just too busy. So it all depends.

crltkcagle
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I've been on the ride plenty of times where I've seen the CMs decline letting people wait for seats, no matter how nicely asked. Sometimes too many people want to wait for specific seats and it's just too busy. So it all depends.
ditto

Melanie
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
I can't begin to count the number of times I've asked for B1, both in FL and CA, and have never been turned down. Definitely ask for your preference, because it's always busy. The worst they can tell you is no. ;)

drosenbe
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
We always ask, telling the cast member that we will wait for the next show. I can't see a reason (other than a cast members own grumpiness) to refuse the request, since they can always fill the spot with the remaining people on line. Now if everyone started requesting....well that's why we have to keep these things secret!!:thedolls:

pamickeys
02-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm just happy to be able to get a fast pass for the ride, don't care where I sit, because I know there will be an idiot sitting next to me that has to talk through the ENTIRE ride.

Scar
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
For those of you who do ask, where do you wait? Is there a place they tell you to stand out of the way? if there isn't, it would seem that if more than few people asked to wait, it would clog up the line so others would have to squeez through. I could understand a CM not wanting that to happen.

Melanie
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
They just make you stand all the way up against the back wall that runs all the way along the 3 loading areas (concourses). There is still plenty of room for guests to walk by.

I can certainly see if everyone asked for a specific seat it could be a problem, but I just don't see how that many people are 'in the know' at this point.

Scar
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
... or want to wait another 10 minutes. That's why I don't ask.

Melanie
02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
... or want to wait another 10 minutes. That's why I don't ask.

Yep, I can see how that's important for some people. Luckily for me, time isn't such an issue anymore and I prefer to wait if they'll let me. :)

QTPie68
02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Most times, we just ask to be in row 1 and have been accomodated. Once, we were the first in line for the next show and asked when we were ready to be put in rows could we have row 1. The people behind us (they were very nice) said "we are with them" and we all got in row 1. While we were waiting, they said it sounded like we knew what we were doing and they hoped we didn't mind them "tagging along" for the ride :D.

SillySymphony
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Just got back last Saturday and, of course, Soarin' is the one attraction I simply have to do each time. I had my requisite Red Sox cap on and when I got to the final "turn" I was met by a CM who, wouldn't you know it?, was a confirmed Yankees fan... We joked for awhile about whose century this would be (because, let's face it.... I can't be "difficult" even to a Yankees fan while @ WDW...!) and in the end.... he ushered me straight to front row center. We shook hands, wished each other a great season and I enjoyed my ride...

indytraveler
02-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I can't begin to count the number of times I've asked for B1, both in FL and CA, and have never been turned down. Definitely ask for your preference, because it's always busy. The worst they can tell you is no. ;)

I agree with this and if you can make yourself #7 in B1 then you will be in the top row, middle section, middle seat!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
It definitely is just a matter of preference between having the "perfect" view of the movie in B2 versus having a very good view of the movie in B1, but without any feet dangling in front of you. My preference is B1 (and I have never been turned down either by asking politely).

Also, I have sat in the C section but was last in my row in the loading area. Since the row loads from the inside aisle once you get inside the ride area, the people who were first in line ended up all the way at the outside edge of the seating area on the attraction while I got the aisle seat closest to the B section. I could nearly reach out and touch the person sitting across the aisle in the B section. Frankly, this was just as good as sitting in the B section. So consider it as an alternative, which makes sense if you would get this spot from your normal place in line without having to wait until the next ride just to get a spot a few feet over in the B section. (But I certainly would wait for the B section if I was going to be closer to the front of the line in a C section row, meaning that I would end up all the way at the outside edge of the seating area in the attraction.)

kemps@wdw
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
B1...center w/no feet