PDA

View Full Version : AKV Standard View?

wildernesslady
02-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Can anyone tell me what the view is of? I'm looking to book a 2 bedroom for next March. Are there any animals visible or should I just book a Savannah View? That is of course if I can get in. Thanks

DizneyRox
02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Standard View is typically of the bus stops/parking areas. If you could see animals, it would be classified as a Savannah View.

wildernesslady
02-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Standard View is typically of the bus stops/parking areas. If you could see animals, it would be classified as a Savannah View.

What is considered value then? I thought that would be the parking lots. Thanks.

DizneyRox
02-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Value is Jambo House, they are smaller accomodations.

wildernesslady
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Ok last question on this, I promise. Is Jambo house savannah view? Thanks

seanyred
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
This is how I understand how the groupings work at Jambo...and I could be wrong so if someone can confirm let me know.

Value: Only at Jambo House, Smaller Rooms and could have Savanah but most likely a Pool or Standard View

Standard: Full size room, parking lot view

Savanah: Full size room, savanah

So some rooms at Jambo House are smaller but they also have full size rooms.

Again if I'm wrong can someone correct me? Also I'm staying at Jambo Value Studio this Saturday I will update when I return.

wildernesslady
02-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your help.

gwfx1031
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I just through this with memeber services. The one bedroom in jambo house is smaller so it will only accomodate 4, not 5 like at KV. Some values at jambo may have a savannah view, but is not guarnateed. No standard views will have any view of the savannah.

seanyred
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Just to share my experience. Last week we stayed at Jambo House. In a Value Studio room. We had nice view of the pool so thankfully no parking lot or buses. The room is noticeably smaller than a Kidani Village Studio. But the kitchenette was larger at Jambo (not sure but I did enjoy the extra counter space). Also when the sleeper sofa was out it blocked the hallway to the bathroom/kitchenette but you could walk around the bed.
If your looking to save points and don't mind having the smaller room I would recomend a Value accomodation. If you like your space than it might not work for you.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Just to share my experience. Last week we stayed at Jambo House. In a Value Studio room. We had nice view of the pool so thankfully no parking lot or buses. The room is noticeably smaller than a Kidani Village Studio. But the kitchenette was larger at Jambo (not sure but I did enjoy the extra counter space). Also when the sleeper sofa was out it blocked the hallway to the bathroom/kitchenette but you could walk around the bed.
If your looking to save points and don't mind having the smaller room I would recomend a Value accomodation. If you like your space than it might not work for you.

thank you so much for the review! AKV is our 2nd choice (BLT being our 1st)... however, looking at AKV - we are leaning towards making that our first choice. We were debating weather or not to get a value or a Kidani studio... I think we'll want more room than saving on some points. But who knows, we could change our mind again! Too many options are almost a bad thing....

I better bite my tongue now.

seanyred
03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
thank you so much for the review! AKV is our 2nd choice (BLT being our 1st)... however, looking at AKV - we are leaning towards making that our first choice. We were debating weather or not to get a value or a Kidani studio... I think we'll want more room than saving on some points. But who knows, we could change our mind again! Too many options are almost a bad thing....

I better bite my tongue now.

for your debate about wether to stay at BLT or AKV. Ever consider splitting your stay? We did this on this past trip 4 nights at AKV and 3 nights at Boardwalk. On checkout day from AKV we called bell service and they transfered the bags for us (including refrigerated items). And all it cost was a little tipping money. Just a thought.

MinnieMommie
03-12-2010, 08:29 AM
I've done a split stay too and it worked well for us. We did 2 nights at AKL and then 4 at BC. I didn't feel unsettled by the move. We had been trying to get a concierge or savanna room at AKL but were only able to get a standard. When we got there we were upgraded to a savanna view. Sweet! Although you can't count on being offered an upgrade I have heard from others of this happening for them too.

If you want to be assured of having an animal view from your room you will need to be in a savanna view room. However there are viewing areas inside and outside the resort. They even have a night viewing area. Not having a savanna view you will not prevent you from seeing lots of animals. This is an amazing resort and there are animals all around. :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Haven't really considered a split stay because of the "unsettled" feeling. But, I have to toy with that idea! I hope to remain as flexible as possible when I call on Wednesday to see what we can get....

great, now I have to go back and do some math!! :teach: