PDA

View Full Version : Oddest Sight at a Disney Park

Disney4us2
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Last weekend DD and I were at Disneyland walking through Tomorrowland and saw the oddest/funniest sight.

There was a group of teens walking by us, which in itself is not an odd sight. The odd/funny part was they were being led by a guy dressed up in a Snow White dress/costume. :jaw::haha: It was quite a sight to see. :funny:I wish I got a pic of that....lol

All this brings me to ask.... What is the oddest/ funniest/ weirdest sight you have seen at any Disney park?:mickey:

coneygoil
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
The oddest sight I can think of off the top of my head happened at DTD. It was during the day and walk up on a group of senor citizens all sitting in a line on one of those little brick walls. All of them were eating ice cream cones and looking disgruntled. It was so funny, for some reason! I even snapped a picture of them :blush:

DVC2004
02-20-2010, 12:08 PM
There was al ady sitting on one of the squared wooden things that surrounds a tree in Liberty Square. She was eating a hot dog. One of those birds with the long curved beak sat down right next to her (an Ibis?) and squawked, no screamed, at the top of it's lungs at her. I guess it was trying to bully her into giving up the hot dog. The lady just looked and continued eating, and it sat there and got real close and just stared at her. If it were me Iwould have dropped the hot dog and ran, being afriad to be bitten. I laughed so hard for the rest of the day- it was so funny to me for some reason. Later that day I was at the Poly and the Parrots still lived in the lobby and started squawking so loud suddnely. I started laughing so hard thinking of the otherbird I was crying. Everyone kept looking at me like I was a complete wierdo. So- what was the wierd thing: the bird or my hysterical laughter about it? LOL you decide.

jwildflower1981
02-20-2010, 01:30 PM
My dad had this ugly, (well ugly is an understatement) ugly ugly monkey shirt. I have never seen another one anywhere, ever. He wore it all the time and always said the ugly monkey on the shirt was a different one of his kids or grandkids (of course as a joke)
Anyway, my dad passed away :angel: and 3 months later my DH took me to Disney World to try to get me out of my sad funk (who can be sad in The World???) and there, in middle of talking about my dad, this woman walks by me, wearing the ugly monkey shirt and out of nowhere she gave the the warmest smile and kept walking. Me and my DH just looked at each other with this OMG did you just see that look.
That lady has no idea how wonderful she made my vacation.

Dopey's Girl
02-20-2010, 02:57 PM
I was in MK one day making my way to Pirates. As I passed the Magic Carpets, this family who was obviously on their first trip, got so excited to get on the Carpets, that they parked grandma in her wheelchair under the spitting camel. Well, before anyone could warn them, the camel spit right on grandma. She was sputtering and trying her darndest to get out of the way. Eventually someone got her moved, but to this day when I walk through that area, I giggle. I bet the rest of the family was in big trouble once they got off of the ride!

mom2morgan
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM
That was gave me chills!

My dad had this ugly, (well ugly is an understatement) ugly ugly monkey shirt. I have never seen another one anywhere, ever. He wore it all the time and always said the ugly monkey on the shirt was a different one of his kids or grandkids (of course as a joke)
Anyway, my dad passed away :angel: and 3 months later my DH took me to Disney World to try to get me out of my sad funk (who can be sad in The World???) and there, in middle of talking about my dad, this woman walks by me, wearing the ugly monkey shirt and out of nowhere she gave the the warmest smile and kept walking. Me and my DH just looked at each other with this OMG did you just see that look.
That lady has no idea how wonderful she made my vacation.

philly97flyer
02-20-2010, 03:35 PM
When we went last year for our Spring Break/Spring Training trip to watch our beloved WFC's, we saw a few people wearing Mets gear walking around the parks. We thought this was really strange given the outcome of their last 3 seasons. Who would show their faces as Mets fans these days? lol

Scar
02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
So I'm going to assume you never wear your Eagles gear. ;)

Melanie
02-20-2010, 04:02 PM
When we went last year for our Spring Break/Spring Training trip to watch our beloved WFC's, we saw a few people wearing Mets gear walking around the parks. We thought this was really strange given the outcome of their last 3 seasons. Who would show their faces as Mets fans these days? lol

So I'm going to assume you never wear your Eagles gear. ;)

Has nothing to do with this thread. Please keep this in the Locker Room.

PETE FROM NYC
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM

Hey Don't get cocky.
The Mets will be making a comeback this year.

Kenny1113
02-20-2010, 05:25 PM
That was gave me chills!

Me too!!!!

My oddest sight was at the rotating character dining rest (I forgot the name right now). The hostess was about to seat two ladies and they asked in a not so nice manner not to be sat next to kids. Umm... You are at a character dining what did you expect. :confused:

WDWdriver
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
I once saw a guy coming out of one of the shops on Main Street. He was huge, with a shaved head, tattoos on his arms and neck, and dressed in biker leather and chains. He was also wearing Mickey ears and a big smile.

LoriSan
02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
monks. At DHS. dressed in orange. I took a pic and sent it to my FaceBook. Still have it.

coneygoil
02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
I once saw a guy coming out of one of the shops on Main Street. He was huge, with a shaved head, tattoos on his arms and neck, and dressed in biker leather and chains. He was also wearing Mickey ears and a big smile.

I wonder if you saw the guy with all the Disney character tattoos on. He's like the biggest Disney fan! My mom met him a few years ago then I saw him the trip after that. His house has more Disney stuff than WDW!

BrerGnat
02-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Last year at MK while walking towards the teacups, a huge white bird (a crane?) came swooping in from behind us, nearly taking my head off. It's legs skimmed my hair! It landed in a small landscaped area and snatched up a gecko . It held it for a moment while a small crowd watched. The gecko knew it's end was near. It was wiggling like mad and the bird just stood there perfectly still. We were like " no no no...let it go!". No kidding, the bird turned towards us with this "watch this" look and threw the gecko in the air, caught it in it's open mouth and SWALLOWED it alive! We were just transfixed as we watched the poor gecko continue to wiggle down the bird's skinny neck. It was like an episode of wild kingdom. I felt bad for all the little kids who saw that.

AndrewJackson
02-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Several years ago, when my son was around 9 yrs old, we had just finished riding Splash Mountain and stopped in the restroom. A young man that looked to be in college came in with a group of friends. He decided to stand at the urinal and proceed to pull his shorts and underwear down to his ankles - like a 4 yr old. My son and I tried not to laugh, but we looked at each other and couldn't contain our laughter any longer.

crltkcagle
02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
:funny::haha::silly::rotfl::woohoo::joy:

I am loving this post! Sorry I don't have any crazy stories that I can think of off the top of my head.

CaptSmee
02-20-2010, 09:59 PM
a few weeks ago the amish were out at Hollywood Studios. I just thought it was strange to see amish people, dressed traditionally like the amish dress walking around eating mickey ice cream bars! :mickey:

Touchdown
02-20-2010, 10:20 PM
This was at 2:45 in the morning in July in Fantasyland. Imagine how Dumbo looks in all the PR shots, happy children intermixed with Disney characters all having fun. Now take out the children and put in teenagers and adults with not a tot in sight. So much fun, I was just upset I did not get to ride with Chip or Dale in my car.

DisneyPrincess21
02-21-2010, 12:43 AM
I wonder if you saw the guy with all the Disney character tattoos on. He's like the biggest Disney fan! My mom met him a few years ago then I saw him the trip after that. His house has more Disney stuff than WDW!

That's who I was thinking it might be also.

Several years ago, when my son was around 9 yrs old, we had just finished riding Splash Mountain and stopped in the restroom. A young man that looked to be in college came in with a group of friends. He decided to stand at the urinal and proceed to pull his shorts and underwear down to his ankles - like a 4 yr old. My son and I tried not to laugh, but we looked at each other and couldn't contain our laughter any longer.

Um.... EWWWW! :shake:

Ian
02-21-2010, 09:29 AM
monks. At DHS. dressed in orange. I took a pic and sent it to my FaceBook. Still have it.Hey, I saw them, too. I wonder if they've visited more than once or if we were there at the same time?

I wonder if you saw the guy with all the Disney character tattoos on. He's like the biggest Disney fan! My mom met him a few years ago then I saw him the trip after that. His house has more Disney stuff than WDW!Yeah that's George Reiger. He actually lives near me. He has something like 19,000 pieces of Disneyana in his collection. I've met him a few times. He looks like a total thug, but he's actually a super-nice guy!

Anyway, the oddest thing I've ever seen without question was a man letting his young son (he was probably 4 or 5) pee in the bushes next to the Plaza Restaurant in MK. Now letting your son pee in the bushes in a public place is bad enough, but bear in mind that there are restrooms about ten steps to the left from where this took place!! :confused:

Altair
02-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Anyway, the oddest thing I've ever seen without question was a man letting his young son (he was probably 4 or 5) pee in the bushes next to the Plaza Restaurant in MK. Now letting your son pee in the bushes in a public place is bad enough, but bear in mind that there are restrooms about ten steps to the left from where this took place!! :confused:

Yeah, I found a mom helping a boy go in Echo Lake. First I make a loud comment about it and then I found what is possibly the smallest CM at WDW over by Indiana Jones, and to his credit he went over and read her the riot act.:thumbsup:

The most bizarre though, was at Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld. While in line I happened to turn around, and there was a 9 or 10 year old boy totally naked. He was changing into his swimming suit.
:eek:

MegaDisney
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I see a trend developing...

I was flabbergasted to see a woman having her small son pee into a ziplock baggie while in line for HISTA at Disneyland. She then zipped up the bag (yellow and blue make green :D) and threw it into the flower beds. DISGUSTING.

JPL
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Still the strangest thing I have ever seen in a Disney Park was at Disneyland. It was around the time people were getting their spots for Fantasmic around the River. We walked by someone sitting their eating corn right out of the can with a spoon. I understand people like to bring food into the parks to save some money but a can of corn Really??? :confused:

TheVBs
02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I see a trend developing...

I was flabbergasted to see a woman having her small son pee into a ziplock baggie while in line for HISTA at Disneyland. She then zipped up the bag (yellow and blue make green :D) and threw it into the flower beds. DISGUSTING.

NO!!! :sick:

bruin1344
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
a bird flew over and pooped on my brother in epcot

Disney4us2
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
a bird flew over and pooped on my brother in epcot

Too funny. That happened to my friend. We took our kids to the beach. My friend was targeted 3 times by seagulls. I told her to go and buy a lottery ticket. What are the odds of 3 bird droppings.

monkeycity
02-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Still the strangest thing I have ever seen in a Disney Park was at Disneyland. It was around the time people were getting their spots for Fantasmic around the River. We walked by someone sitting their eating corn right out of the can with a spoon. I understand people like to bring food into the parks to save some money but a can of corn Really??? :confused:

hahaha that's corny!!! :rotfl:

Ms. Mode
02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
On our last trip in January we were standing in line behind a couple in their mid-50's, the were all decked out in leather coats (record low temps) and 4 inch heels...but the thing that caught my attention was the HOPE diamond on her finger.....I wonder if that was real? NOT...well maybe:confused:

biodtl
02-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Just before the parade came by in MK, one of those white birds with the long legs flew into the parade path - he walked in circles for a minute, looking like he was trying to find a way out, and then he gave up and started strutting down the parade route just in front of the first float, as if he were leading the parade. We watched him go by and for as far as we could see, he was still strutting along like the grand marshall.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
We were trying to find a spot for Wishes down main street. Since we couldn't find one, and there was only a couple minutes to go, we just stood in the middle of the street waitin like so many others. There was a family trying to squeeze their 2 strollers through the opposite way - towards the gate. First the dad with a little boy in a stroller came through. Then the mom came though pushing another stroller one handed BARKING orders at her husband to get a bench in the circle (yeah right lady!! - like there's an open bench with all those people standing and waiting!). The stroller was empty and she was carrying what looked like a sleeping 10-11 month old. The baby wasn't sleeping, she was breastfeeding. The only problems was her tank top was OVER HER SHOULDER, AROUND HER NECK LIKE A NECKLACE. Everything was visible. I am a breastfeeding advocate having b/fed both of my kids... but, COME ON - there are many ways to be discreet!!!

:covered::rub:

BigThunderFan
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
a few weeks ago the amish were out at Hollywood Studios. I just thought it was strange to see amish people, dressed traditionally like the amish dress walking around eating mickey ice cream bars! :mickey:

I saw that too! Not sure why I still think of it as odd, but it just seems that way.

On our last trip my DW bought a box of popcorn and she & the kids sat down along the wooden walkway by the Rivers of America to snack away. Apparently the Ibis behind them likes popcorn too, because it swooped down and took some right out of the box. Wish I got a picture of that!

Oh and I forgot, one time at Disneyland, I saw a foreign couple reach down into the water where the speedboats used to be and fill a water bottle. I sure hope they weren't drinking that!

QTPie68
02-22-2010, 02:03 PM
There was al ady sitting on one of the squared wooden things that surrounds a tree in Liberty Square. She was eating a hot dog. One of those birds with the long curved beak sat down right next to her (an Ibis?) and squawked, no screamed, at the top of it's lungs at her. I guess it was trying to bully her into giving up the hot dog. The lady just looked and continued eating, and it sat there and got real close and just stared at her.

I think I might have met that same bird on my last trip ;). I was sitting in Frontierland with a turkey drumstick (or Emu whichever you believe :thedolls:) and one of those birds just stood about 6 inches from me the WHOLE time I ate it, staring at me....I didn't flinch and neither did the bird. People were walking by, staring at us...watching us. My DH just moved a little away and laughed, he knew a bird couldn't scare me out of food :D.

LoriSan
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey, I saw them, too. I wonder if they've visited more than once or if we were there at the same time?:

Ian, I saw them on Jan 18 2010

fernsmommy
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
The weirdest thing that happened to us was when we were in Epcot. We were eating outside at the Electric Umbrella. My daughter had a french fry in her hand about to eat it when a bird swooped down and snatched it out her hand. And then my dad got pooped on. ;) Also, on the same trip in MK we saw a couple people walking with a funnel cake and a swarm of birds came up and knocked the entire thing out of her hands.

DisneyLuver91
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
To all the people who have bird poop stories:
A bird pooping on you means good luck! I hope that trip was fun for everyone! :mickey:

Mousemates
02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
the oddest thing to me is the rather sizeable number of people I see each trip who walk around looking angry :fit:somber :shake: and smileless :(...I understand that every minute of the day (even in WDW) won't necessarily be a joyfest, but some of these folks you will walk past time and time again and they just don't ever appear to be enjoying themselves....just seems strange at what really is to my family "the happiest place on earth."

passholderryan
02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
One of the funnier things you can see on every trip is the women who wear the 4-5 inch heels (probably first timers). You want to go up to them an say "You do realize you're getting ready to walk somewhere around 5-8 miles". I guess for some its comfortable, but I see alot of them in pain around 2pm.
Also, my wife gives me a hard time because I always buy one of the invisible dog leashes from the Haunted Mansion, then walk around to all the kids and act like its peeing on them. It usually embarasses my wife!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2010, 09:34 AM

We also saw Amish people waiting in line for Honey I Shrunk the Kids at Epcot

laprana
02-23-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm loving this thread! :funny: Man, I needed that this morning!

I don't really have any crazy stories of my own, but I do have a kind of funny bird story. We went to Gasparilla Grill at GF a couple years ago and decided to enjoy the nice weather and eat outside. There were lots of birds and ducks around, and one ducks decided he really liked what my mom had to eat. He followed her all the way to the table and stood at her feet when she sat down. She kept trying to shoo him away, and I guess he finally got fed up because he went around to the back of her chair, reached up, and nipped her right on the rear end! We still laugh about it, especially every time a duck comes around us in WDW!

plutosnana
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
a bird flew over and pooped on my brother in epcot Hey happened to my Dad too! One of the other funny things, was that my mom and I were in line for funnel cakes, at MK in Liberty Square and the people in front of us were french! So the lady that would take orders would ask them 5 times what they want to eat. They would talk to each other look at the menu and say a whole bunch of numbers! :goofy:

ThanxForNoticin
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I think I would have to go with the story from a few years ago. My wife and I were taking an evening walk between the Poly and the Wedding Pav - when we noticed a small gator in the lake near the shore. The gator certainly wasn't bothering anyone, but it did surprise us quite a bit. We got a cast member's attention and they called someone for help. Apparently, it does happen from time to time, and they have people who come in to capture the gator and get them back behind the scenes where they belong!

To this day, I can't walk, boat, or monorail along that shoreline without looking closely in the water!

Stu29573
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I think I would have to go with the story from a few years ago. My wife and I were taking an evening walk between the Poly and the Wedding Pav - when we noticed a small gator in the lake near the shore. The gator certainly wasn't bothering anyone, but it did surprise us quite a bit. We got a cast member's attention and they called someone for help. Apparently, it does happen from time to time, and they have people who come in to capture the gator and get them back behind the scenes where they belong!

To this day, I can't walk, boat, or monorail along that shoreline without looking closely in the water!

I've told this before, but years ago I was riding on the Liberty Belle early in the morning and a small gator swam up beside it. At that point a woman next to me asked her husband if it was real. He said "No, this is Disney World, it's all fake!" I didn't say anything. I just told the CM at the dock about it when we got off and he said he would call animal control...

Granny Jill A
02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
in middle of talking about my dad, this woman walks by me, wearing the ugly monkey shirt and out of nowhere she gave the the warmest smile and kept walking.

What a wonderful story. I think your Dad was "sending" you a laugh and a smile......

coneygoil
02-24-2010, 09:00 AM

They might have been Mennonites. They look just like the Amish, but they actually have electricity, use vehicles, and have cel phones.

Darbylew
02-24-2010, 09:21 AM
I really enjoyed reading all the posts. We have
had a lot of odd things happen at Disney but it
is so hard to remember them all. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!!:D

Laughin' place
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
JORTS !!
Just kidding, dont want to start THAT up again...
Many years ago, 1991, I believe, my parents took my ex-wife and I to WDW as a graduation present. My sister, then a middle schooler, was along also. My then-wife, sister and I were having a snack at River Country at Ft Wilderness. My then-wife, who took great pride in her (sometimes unusual) hair styles, was eating at table with my sister and I.
A small, sparrow type bird flew down, and landed on top of her head. The bird pecked and scratched furiously, trying to make a comfortable nest out of the mop of hair. He pecked and shuffled and fussed for quite a while, before giving up and flying off. My sister and I laughed so hard then ( and its still worth a chuckle today)

ILoveLegos
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
They might have been Mennonites. They look just like the Amish, but they actually have electricity, use vehicles, and have cel phones.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, my mom was a Mennonite, we had electricity, a car & now she has a cell phone. :blush:

SoaringEpcot
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Here are two funny stories from our trip this past December:

We were in the pooh's play area when I looked over towards the entrance and there in the middle of the walk way was a lady bending over a stroller nursing a two year old while she was yelling in spanish at her other childern that were running around chasing each other.

Then we were just entering the inside at the Mexico pavlion when we looked and saw a man in a EVC try to drive it through the exit of the Three Calberos. There is a sign to use the gate but he kept raming trying to get it to go through the exit. Then he finally got it stuck and it would not move. It kind of looked like Austin Powers when he was trying to turn the golf cart around in that small hall way. It was down right hilarious.:haha:

mouselover93
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
3 things. one was probably a 19 or 20 year old guy getting on tower terror. flip-flops with socks. tight green jeans. tight pink shirt. fairy wings. a tiara. fairy wings. and a wand. i think he lost a bet. and then that same day outside of Kali river rapids this lady stops looks around at everyone and screams at the top of her lungs for 2 minutes. she walked away and everyone in that area laughed. and finally me and my friend were in line for pirates and right by were they have the dungeon in the long hall way a bird comes out of nowhere and nearly slams into him

clausjo
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
This thread has really made my day!

We were just there a few weeks ago (and miss it already) and we saw this guy that was wearing a vest and fishing style hat. He had more pins and charms hanging from every part of his vest, hat, shirt - Everywhere! I couldn't believe it. The funny thing was that we saw him in the MK and again two days later in AK.

Another funny thing was we just bought my son a churro in Epcot and we hadn't walked 15 steps and a seagull swooped down and tried to grab it right out of his hand. Well my son wasn't about to lose his churro! He somehow managed to hold onto it. I've never seen someone eat a churro so fast! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Moderator Warning--

Some of the content in this thread has been skirting a fine line with what would be considered inappropriate for our boards. Please keep in mind that we do not want to promote "potty humor", nor do we want graphic descriptions of bodily functions on INTERCOT.

Thank you.

Daisy712
02-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Ducks eating chicken! We were eating at Flametree BBQ. My son decided to see if the begging ducks would eat chicken. They sure enough did....cannibals. :donald::donald:

MickeysEars
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I was in MK one day making my way to Pirates. As I passed the Magic Carpets, this family who was obviously on their first trip, got so excited to get on the Carpets, that they parked grandma in her wheelchair under the spitting camel. Well, before anyone could warn them, the camel spit right on grandma. She was sputtering and trying her darndest to get out of the way. Eventually someone got her moved, but to this day when I walk through that area, I giggle. I bet the rest of the family was in big trouble once they got off of the ride!

I am laughing so hard right now I am crying!

MickeysEars
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM

My entire family would, that is the difference between loyal fans and thrill-of-the-moment fans.

Dopey's Girl
02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Ian, I saw them on Jan 18 2010

I was there that day too! They cracked me up! When I say them, they were in line to meet Donald Duck!

BigThunderFan
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
3 things. one was probably a 19 or 20 year old guy getting on tower terror. flip-flops with socks. tight green jeans. tight pink shirt. fairy wings. a tiara. fairy wings. and a wand. i think he lost a bet.

Sounds more like hazing... Was there a group of them? :secret:

jwildflower1981
02-26-2010, 10:27 AM
What a wonderful story. I think your Dad was "sending" you a laugh and a smile......

Thanks Granny Jill, I was thinking the same thing! Disney World was my Dad's favorite place too. He's the one that started my love for the World!

mouselover93
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Sounds more like hazing... Was there a group of them? :secret:

yeah he met up with a group of people right outside the ToT gift shop

phillydan
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I saw 2 CM's "guarding" a small gator that was hanging out by the water's edge close the walkway next to the Liberty Belle entrance. Obviously, they were keeping an eye on him until animal control arrived, but they were also keeping everyone away so they wouldn't bother him.

eeyorepoohfan
03-01-2010, 12:42 PM
We were at EPCOT back in December in line for Soarin. There was a couple in front of us and the girl was dressed in full evening gown and 6 inch heals!!! So obviously the shoes were not a smart idea. So she conned the guy out of his socks so she could have something on her feet. He did seem very annoyed by her request. So the poor guy was wearing dress shoes with no socks, now that can't be comfy either! Oh, and she was having him hold her heals, and shiny silver purse too! I'm hoping they just came from a wedding. Because why else would you wear a full length evening gown and 6 inch heals to Disney World?! :shrug:

IamBelle
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
This thread has made my day!!

Many funny things have happened to us on our trip, mostly caused by us, lol. For example, it was late one night and we were leaving the Beach Club after dinner to go back to our own hotel. We were sitting on the benches, waiting for the bus when we saw two little boys run ahead and sit in another bench. Their mother eventually came, looked around confused and talking in another language. She decided to sit down on a bench and wait for her sons, problem is she decided to sit down basically on my little sister's lap!! The lady sat down, then surprised, stood up, looked at my sister, said sorry, and walked to get her kids...It was so funny!!
Another time, we were coming back from MK at night and went on the crowded bus back to the hotel. My sister and I, deathly afraid of spiders, sat behind a guy in an Amish looking hat. We starting leaving MK when we noticed a huge spider crawling over the guy's hat...we were flipping out! We couldn't move our seat due to the crowd, so basically we were prisioners of a spider. I told my sister we had to let they guy know, so I was just about to tap his shoulder, when the person next to him saw the spider and threw it off him...Creepy, I still get the chills thinking about that spider...
This one doesn't have anything to do with me, but I saw it...We went the the Nemo musical in AK for the first time a few years ago and sat in the higher up area. The jellyfish came out swinging, and seeming out of nowhere, slapped a guy in front of us square in the face!! It was so unexpected, we were laughing the whole time!!

IamBelle
03-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh, and another experience involved Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear in AK. We were in the Oasis before going into the park when we decided to get their autographs and pictures when Rabbit and Bear got into a fight with each other. They were throwing everything they could find-including our autograph books, pens, the CM's pen, and my sister's park pass!! It was crazy!! :D

Djscherr
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Okay so it was in Disneyland at the time, but we were waiting in line for a ride in Tomorrow land, I can't remember which when we hear someone dragging and banging on a garbage can nearby. We turn around and it's Eyeore. Then once he has a couple together he breaks into an impromptu drum solo on the garbage cans and whatever else was nearby that made a fun sound. It was actually a pretty decent drum solo, definitely unexpected, quite surreal, and fun.

Ksmith75
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
The man running to the HSM Parade, singing and clapping and dancing to the music. Yes, that is right....He was about 6 ft 3 and tough looking. Oh wait, that was my DH trying to embarass me, all in good fun....

Ian
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
The man running to the HSM Parade, singing and clapping and dancing to the music. Yes, that is right....He was about 6 ft 3 and tough looking. Oh wait, that was my DH trying to embarass me, all in good fun....:rotfl:

BigRedDad
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Is it odd? Maybe, but it is natural. I will put this as mildly as possible to prevent it from getting censored.

We were on Kilimanjaro Safaris. We got stopped because of an animal up the way decided to lie down on the path in front of another car. We were sitting there and all of a sudden two Thompson Gazelles (I think they were the gazelles) decided to get frisky. Well, there was no stopping it and the driver did what he could to play it off and draw attention else where. The questions from little kids had me laughing at why the one was "wrestling" with the other.

I still cannot find the darn photos of the people in our vehicle, the people in other vehicles.

SoaringEpcot
03-04-2010, 11:12 AM
We had the same thing BigRedDad, except it was the giraffes:stork:

Mendelson
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I too saw women in ridiculous heels once, but it was clear they were working girls there with Japanese business men (who were quite unfairly in reasonable footwear).

One time we saw a guy in full clothing....jeans and a t-shirt, swimming casually in the pool at AKL. ???

Melanie
03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
We occassionally have these type of threads where overall it's fun, but unfortunately even after warning, the inappropriate, non-family friendly topics just keep popping up.

Our fun has been had here. Let's move on and continue to plan those Disney vacations. :mickey: