PDA

View Full Version : villas at wilderness

happy day
02-20-2010, 10:29 AM
What are the villas at wilderness like in comparison to the regular rooms? Are the villas connected to the resorts pools etc.

pokeyw
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
We stay at the Villas every time we are at WL and love them. They are still very close to everything and have their own pool as well. We prefer to have a room on the first floor so you can have the patio and lawn be an extension of your room. More room for the kiddos to run! It is also nice to have a kitchen and seating area. We never use the stove but fill the frige up with groceries such as drinks and snacks and breakfast items. ENJOY!

wildernesslady
02-21-2010, 10:20 AM
The villas are our home and they are beatiful. The pool is nicely done. There is a bit of a walk to get to Roaring Forks, but it is so relaxing there we never mind it. The bus stops may be a little closer than the regular rooms. Try taking the lodge tour in the main bldg. if you have time. It was very informative. Enjoy.

VWL Mom
02-21-2010, 07:19 PM
VWL is our home and we love it. The motif in the rooms is the same as the hotel.

As Wildernesslady mentions, there is a bit of a walk to Roaring Forks if you walk outside. Cutting through the hotel shortens it up when just going for mug refills.

mermaidmarian
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
We are considering the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time for an upcoming trip, too. Would someone please let me know whether guests at the Villas may use all of the amenities, including the main pool, at the Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks.

wmdaddy
02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Stayed in a studio last month in the Villas. Much prefer staying in Lodge itself.

Advantages for Villas:
1.Closer to bus stop.
2.The decor of the room is nice.

Disadvantages for Villas:
1.Further from boats.
2.Further from food.
3.If you're staying DVC or renting points, no housekeeping.
4.Further from gift shop.
5.You're not as close to the lobby.

wmdaddy
02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
We are considering the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time for an upcoming trip, too. Would someone please let me know whether guests at the Villas may use all of the amenities, including the main pool, at the Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks.

Yes.

I can see why someone would want to stay in a 1 or 2 bedroom at the Villas, since there's a seperate bedroom, washer/dryer and whirlpool, but I can't see the advantages of staying in a studio over a standard room at the lodge. Room is the same size. You get a microwave, but how many times will you use it? Other than that, there's not 1 advantage to staying in a studio that I can think of.

mermaidmarian
02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your reply. We're not considering a studio though, we are considering the 2 bedroom Villa instead of 3 individual rooms at the Lodge.

wmdaddy
02-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. We're not considering a studio though, we are considering the 2 bedroom Villa instead of 3 individual rooms at the Lodge.

That makes sense. Have you looked at renting points from a DVC member? Mor than likely, it would save you a good deal of money.