PDA

View Full Version : how crowded is MNNSHP on 10/31

LoriSan
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
We are planning to arrive on 10/31 after an overnight drive. I was thinking of going to the party that night so DS5 would get at least a "touch" of Halloween and T or Treating.

mobbed?

Strmchsr
02-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes, it's crowded, but, remember, this is a limited ticket event so it's not impossible to deal with. The rides and trick or treating isn't too bad. The parades and HalloWishes is where it's really a mob scene. Still, very doable and definitely the best place to be on Halloween. Being at MNSSHP is MUCH better than trying to trick or treat in DTD, which truly is a mob scene.

VWL Mom
02-20-2010, 09:03 AM
We did it last year on 10/31. The TorT lines were long and they gave one or two chocolates the size of an Easter egg. The character lines weren't too bad and the rides were 10 - 15 minutes. We watched the 2nd HalloWishes and it was crowded but doable.

All the event pins and T's were gone. Someone had mentioned that certain number of pins were held for each night but the CM said that is not true

That being said, would I do it again? No! It is a full price night so for the 4 of us it was $250. Not worth it IMHO.

I know WL had a party that night, so maybe your resort has something??

DizneyRox
02-20-2010, 09:04 AM
With Halloween on a weekend this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell a lot more tickets than usual. It will surely sell out, I've been on Halloween night before and it''s pretty busy. Not as bad as a typical day at MK, but it's a far cry from having the park to yourself.

For the 31st, you need to buy your tickets way early. As I said, it WILL sell out, it's a matter of when. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out in a month after tickets are released.

buzznwoodysmom
02-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I have a question. Since Halloween is on a Sunday this year would the party the night before, the Saturday night, be more crowded? I'm sure Halloween night is typically the most crowded night, but I'm thinking maybe locals would go to the Saturday night party instead since most will have work or school the day after Halloween. We are hoping to go for a weekend trip and I'm trying to decide which night we should aim for, the Saturday night (night before Halloween) or Sunday night (Halloween night)?

DizneyRox
02-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm a huge Halloween fan and the day of the week doesn't matter all that much. For me the weekend is the weekend, and it's more about the hours leading up to the night. A Sunday is just as good as a Saturday in that regard. People will pick the 31st before the 30th. It's like celebrating XMas on the 24th, you can go through the motions, but it's not XMas.

Sorry misread your question. Yes it will still be crowded, it's a weekend, which are the heavier days for the party. As crowded as Sunday? Probably not, but still crowded. Ic I were going, I would consider going both nights myself and I bet many others would as well.

doodleboy
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I have been on Oct 31 a few times, and it was well worth it for the parade and fireworks IMHO. My kids left with bags of candy, so I'm not sure what earlier poster was referring to. The younger kids poop out early, so if you can keep yours up past 10:00 PM you will find the crowd thins out a bit. Tickets are limited, so buy early for that day in particular.

SurferStitch
03-29-2010, 12:38 AM
We went on Halloween night once, but it was back in 2004.

Crowded, yeah (sold out), but not everywhere at once. Paraded were crowded, fireworks were crowded, but ride lines were very short. Parade and Hallowishes are excellent!

It was 4 adults, and we dressed up and had a total blast. During the last couple hours, we had CM's calling us over to them so they could literally dumps handful after handful of candy in our bags. We had no intention of getting candy, but they said they had to unload it all, so we might as well take it.

Both Saturday and Sunday will sell out, so if you plan to go, order the ticket as soon as they become available.

vws_and_disney
03-29-2010, 11:03 AM
We too will be driving from the good ole' SJ to make it to the MNSSHP for Halloween. Thanks for asking this since we will have some first timers with us. 213 days :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
The night of the 31st almost always sells out. Doesn't matter if it's on a weekend or not. There is a crowd, but it is so worth it! There is a lot more going on, so the people are more dispersed than on a normal day. This is absolutely my favorite time to be at WDW! :mpumpkin:

emmatink
08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
We have been on Halloween night twice. The first time was in 2007 and it was wonderful, but the second time was last year and it was a mob scene! I was very disappointed because it just seemed so much more crowded than the previous time. It was a Saturday night though versus a Wednesday and maybe that made a difference. The trick or treat lines were so long. This year we are trying a different day in hopes that the crowds will be more manageable. Maybe we were just spoiled because during the whole week we were there last year the crowds were not too bad at the parks during the day.

I think disney fools us by saying there are a limited number of tickets sold for the event. They don't say that number is actually park capacity! At least that is how it seemed to us last year. The party is great though and we wouldn't miss it. I just would expect crowds on Halloween night.

smokester653
08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
You count us in- theres 8 in our party & we'll be the Oct 31st :jack::malef::hmghost::pumpkin::blackcat::ghost::f rank::mpumpkin: We'll ALL be there !

Goes4FastPass
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM
It will be crazy crowded. Yes, crowded. Very crowded, Holy gamolie crowded. It's as crowded as that crazy guy on Intercot said it was going to be crowded. I can't believe we just drove all night now we're wrestling through this crowd crowded. Somebody must have wished upon a star for it to be crowded crowded.

Have you thought about going to MNSSHP November 1st instead?

Disnamic Duo
08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
It will be crazy crowded. Yes, crowded. Very crowded, Holy gamolie crowded. It's as crowded as that crazy guy on Intercot said it was going to be crowded. I can't believe we just drove all night now we're wrestling through this crowd crowded. Somebody must have wished upon a star for it to be crowded crowded.

Have you thought about going to MNSSHP November 1st instead?

HEY! That's a TERRIBLE idea! :blush:....We're going on Nov 1st, and I'm hoping it's not crowded.:secret:

Mickey91
09-01-2010, 09:10 AM
It will definitely be a sell out. If you haven't already bought your MNSSHP tickets, I suggest Oct 29(also probably a sell out) or Nov 1. Oct 31 will be a great time to stick around your resort. They offer a lot of fun activities such as pumpkin carving and costume contests on the 31st, DDT has trick or treating and the parties are the same regardless of the date.

minnie04
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Get the tickets early, there is no school that Monday, So I’m sure people are going to make a weekend out of it. We went last year first time and we really enjoyed all the costumes and the place was crowded but nothing that you can’t have a good time. I have heard the weekends before are the best time to go, but Halloween is Halloween and it’s really cool to be there for that. I probably would do a different weekend, since we already went once. Have a great time it’s so much fun with everyone dressed up..:mickey: