PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

cheeky monkey
02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I am toying with the idea of driving to Orlando in October for a long weekend. We will have tickets to DW from the GAD promotion. I was thinking we would spend 1 day at Epcot, "maybe" add MK and possibly go to Universal for Harry Potter. This would be a budget trip so we would be staying offsite or at the Swan and Dolphin.

I know you have to purchase extra tickets for MNSSHP but what nights it it? Do you have to have reg. park tickets to the MK that day? Do they trick or treat every evening or just Halloween night? Is Halloween night just SUPER crowded?

Sandra

PopPhan
02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't believe the nights for MNSSHP have been released yet.

Trick or Treat is during the party - there are candy stations set up all around the park.

You can enter the MK at 4pm the day of the party using your party ticket.

Strmchsr
02-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Other than :ditto: I just wanted to note that the MNSSHP tickets and dates are usually released around May 1.

DizneyRox
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Weekend dates seems to sell out fairly early, so if you're thinking about it, it's best to get your tickets. They are non-refundable however.

02-19-2010, 05:14 PM
In 2009, MNSSHP was on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday's, beginning on Sep. 11 and ended on Halloween (obviously).

You do NOT need a park ticket, only the party ticket.

The "normal" crowds for the party are about 40 to 50% of an average summer day crowd and the Halloween night crowd is about 65%. I can't actually divulge the numbers, but that is a good rule of thumb.

The park opens for the party tickets at 4pm and closes to the park ticket guests at 7pm. Parades were at 8:15 and 10:30 and Hallow Wishes fireworks was at 9:30. Trick or Treat for the party guests starts at roughly 7pm while the day park guests are leaving.

At the first few parties, only about 25% of the guests come in costume but as the party nights progress, the people coming in costumes gets larger and larger. Some of the costumes are great. Fun to see.

faline
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
You do not need to have a ticket to the Magic Kingdom to attend the party - only the party ticket. On party days, they usually allow party goers to begin entering the park around 4:00 p.m. even though the party will not officially begin until 7:00 p.m.

Trick or Treating occurs each time they hold the party - there are many trick or treat stations postioned around the park. When you enter the park, you'll receive your party bracelet along with a trick or treat bag.

Be sure to watch the parade - it's one of the best Disney does. And, don't miss the fireworks!!

More information here. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp)

MoreMickey
02-19-2010, 05:58 PM
We go every year ON Halloween because it's my hubby's birthday. We love it! The parade is amazing and if you are like us and love to see the villians then it's a must.

I don't about other nights but we skip the candy lines because they eat up so much time for us. Instead we just go the candy shop and stock up on yummy goodies.

We've never had a long wait for rides excluding the Haunted Mansion. HM is a hot spot!

crltkcagle
02-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Just wanted to say that MNSSHP rocks!

Kenny1113
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
We went on the 29th in 2009 (last min trip) and crowds we not that bad at all. We avoided long lines for HM by riding before the party officially started and at the end of the night (kids choice). We walked right in both times.

cheeky monkey
02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
How much have adult and child tickets been in the past?