PDA

View Full Version : CRT on the DP

IloveJack
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I know that if you're on the DP, Cindy's table "costs" two TS credits for breakfast. Does it also cost that much for dinner? Would it make more sense to pay OOP for that?

DizneyRox
02-19-2010, 12:29 PM
CRT is two credits... None of the two credit meals are worth spending two credits on, it is always a better value to pay OOP and use the credits on other TS meals (not breakfasts).

KAT1811
02-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Personally I don't have a problem using two TS credits for a meal depending on the venue. IMHO CRT isn't worth either the price or the credits. It is WAY overpriced. I know it's very popular but after doing it a few times and really thinking about it $200+ for breakfast is insane, I don't care who is there and where it is held I have never had eggs worth $50.

That being said if I were to do it I would have to be using dining credits. We are not always in the mood for a TS meal everyday so instead of having them left over we would use them on a 2 credit TS meal. We also no longer do the DDP but that's a whole other topic! ;)

hlkeck
02-21-2010, 02:51 PM
One time at CRT they let us pay for 2 meals out of pocket (1 A, 1C) and 2 meals on the dining plan, so we didn't feel like we had to skip a meal on a different day plus, paying for 2 wasn't as expensive as paying for four. So, we used 4 TS, paid a bit out of pocket, and still had 4 more TS for another day...

I would assume you could do this still.

Jared
02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Susan, eating at Cinderella's Royal Table never truly makes economic sense, so it's best not thinking of your decision in those terms. Eating in the castle is a thrill, especially for children. The meal isn't "worth" the cost, either in table service credits or out-of-pocket, but you probably won't regret the experience. If you're using a plan, I suggest swallowing the two credits if you definitely want to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table.

mom2morgan
02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Here's my calculation, if my math makes sense - the dining plan costs about $40. If you subtract the snack and the lunch, you can take off about $15. That leaves $25 for supper. A two table service credit meal would have to cost AT LEAST $50 per adult for that to be a good deal. Dinner at Cindy's is $57, Lunch is $51 and Breakfast is $47. Ergo - the dining plan makes sense for everything but breakfast, and even that is darn close. By the way - if you decide to do dinner, remember that the only character there is the Fairy Godmother. It is an EXPENSIVE meal anyway you slice it - and the food is nothing spectacular. I'm assuming there are only 2 real reasons anyone goes there - just to be in the castle, in which case dinner is the best 'deal' on the dining plan, or to see the Princesses, which limits you to breakfast or lunch. We did lunch since it was much easier to get a seating at that time. Enjoyed it thoroughly, but now that we have it out of our system will never do it again. In my opinion the price versus experience makes it a one shot deal. Now, some of the other signature places are worth the 2 table service credits just for the food alone.

IloveJack
02-23-2010, 07:51 AM
By the way - if you decide to do dinner, remember that the only character there is the Fairy Godmother.<snip> or to see the Princesses, which limits you to breakfast or lunch.

I'm fairly sure that I recently read a post on here that said all the characters would be out for dinner now, also. Am I right?

And I understand that eating in the castle is just for the experience, but I was mostly wondering if it was worth 2 credits, or more "economical" to pay OOP.

DizMom416
02-23-2010, 10:35 AM
I would use 2 dining credits on it and the day you have leftover with out a table service meal you can go to one of the resturants that you cant use it on like the TRex resturant. It is also a good idea to go to a cheaper resturant like the PLaza in the MK.

DizneyRox
02-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm fairly sure that I recently read a post on here that said all the characters would be out for dinner now, also. Am I right?

And I understand that eating in the castle is just for the experience, but I was mostly wondering if it was worth 2 credits, or more "economical" to pay OOP.
As I've said before, it's a better value to pay OOP. Use the two credits for two dinners, two desserts, two drinks instead of one dinner, one dessert, one drink.

Kairi_7378
02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I think it is a better value to pay OOP for this meal.

mom2morgan
02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Was my math above not correct? I had it worked out that it is NOT a better deal OOP - If I'm wrong, I'd like to know why so I'm not calculating my own credits wrong ;-)

DizneyRox
02-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Because two meals are better than one.

You can have two steaks at LeCellier, or two lobsters at Coral Reef, or two Buffets at Boma. All three are quick examples of better value out of two table service credits for food vs one meal at CRT.

That is taking into account value. In your example you are only justifying the CRT meal, not comparing it to other possibilities you can take advantage of that would exceed the coat of the one meal at CRT.

If you paid OOP for my examples your bills would exceed the one bill you would pay at CRT which means it's NOT a good value.

mom2morgan
02-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Because two meals are better than one.

You can have two steaks at LeCellier, or two lobsters at Coral Reef, or two Buffets at Boma. All three are quick examples of better value out of two table service credits for food vs one meal at CRT.

That is taking into account value. In your example you are only justifying the CRT meal, not comparing it to other possibilities you can take advantage of that would exceed the coat of the one meal at CRT.

If you paid OOP for my examples your bills would exceed the one bill you would pay at CRT which means it's NOT a good value.

Ah, that does make sense! I guess for us we would never pay the DDP AND then pay more as well, so we just did the 2 TS for Cindy. We always arrive late so we don't use most of our credits the first night anyway.

SBETigg
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Yes, it can be a better value to get two meals instead of one signature. But for us, we don't want the extra meals. We would rather pay ahead, use the DDP for what we like to eat (Signature dining is our preference most times) and know that we're still saving money (our Signature dining has always added up to more than we what pay per DP credits involved).

It's not a value to choose the two meals over one Signature experience if you're struggling to fit in more dining only to be too full or too scheduled to enjoy the parks, or if you're not as thrilled with the two meals vs what you might have at the one. Our last Signature meals were well worth three or four of our 1 credit TS experiences as far as what we personally got out of those meals (food, service, and atmosphere). I could have two resort stays at a value for what I pay for deluxe, but I choose deluxe every time. That might be silly to some, but it works for me. Value is all relative. It doesn't always boil down to point per point nickel and diming.