PDA

View Full Version : Disney toys/crafts...make tshirts?

EmmMOM2
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Looking for some Disney ideas to get the kids excited for the trip.
I've seen some people make shirts...where do you gett your ideas? Are they easy to make?
Jewelry ideas?

Anywhere to get Disney things for the plane ride??

g8rgirl29
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
If you have a Michaels Craft store near you, you can find a ton of things there. I got Wilton Iron on transfers there and 3d fabric paint. The Wilton site for transfers is great, you can upload your own Pics/graphics and add text, very easy to use also. I find lots of little marker kits with Disney Princess/Cars/Fairies there in the $1-2 bin. They have other trinkets that are Disney. They have glow bracelets 10 for $1. Also the $1 bin at Target is loaded with Disney stuff. You could probably pick up a charm bracelet at Michaels in the jewelry making section and they also have some inexpensive charms and then you could pick out one or two in the parks, most stores carry them there.

Disneyfun
02-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Making shirts for our family vacations is one of my specialties!!! On the last trip that we took with some very close friends of ours, I made T-Shirts for the entire group that had people asking where we bought them at! It was a lot of fun!

What I had everyone in the group do is pick their favorite Disney character and that character went on the front breast pocket. On the back, we had all the characters arranged in front of Cinderella's castle at sunset with our family names underneath with the dates of our vacation!

The way I made them was using a photo editor program, I merged images I found on the web into a file that I took down to the photocopy store. I had purchased some of the iron on transfer paper that was safe for laser printers (Walmart has them for white or dark colored t-shirts). I then had them print my files on the paper!

Hints: always buy more paper than you think you will need and make sure to read the directions for printing the images as if you do not follow them exactly, your shirts will look like you were looking in a mirror!

I then simply ironed the images on the shirts and they were marvelous!! They last a long time ( I have some shirts that have lasted over 7 years with only minor fading from washing) and it is a lot cheaper than trying to buy matching shirts for the entire group!

Let me know and I'ld be happy to send you a picture of the shirts!

Patricia
02-19-2010, 01:44 PM
I always use Disney Famiy.com for Disney specific crafts. Having a daycare I often look for cheap crafts I can print at home and can usually find some great Disney ones here. I've done the search for "Disney Crafts" for you..

http://family.go.com/search-familycom/disney%2520crafts/

Some of the links are general, such as Fairies, the Princess crafts and Toy Story. Although, you and others may appreciate some of the holiday links as well. Look for coloring pages and activity books within the categories.

Oops, I should have added this too.. http://family.go.com/disney/alice-in-wonderland-seg/
You'll see more links in the right hand column.

Have fun!!