PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Boardwalk for Epcot for Princess Breakfast?

spectrum2100
02-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Does anyone see a problem with parking at the Boardwalk when just going to the Princess Breakfast in Epcot?

DizneyRox
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Does anyone see a problem with parking at the Boardwalk when just going to the Princess Breakfast in Epcot?
Resort parking is for resort guests and those visiting the resort. Since the Princess Breakfast is in Epcot, not Boardwalk, this would in fact present a problem.

gerald72
02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Then I guess you'd have to visit the Boardwalk too

diz_girl
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
You're dining at EPCOT, so you should park at EPCOT. Actually, walking from the Boardwalk parking lot through the International Gateway to Askerhus is as far or farther than walking from the front gate of EPCOT to Askerhus, as Norway is on the far side of the lake from the International Gateway.

Usually a resort will give you a pass for a couple of hours if you are visiting a restaurant at that resort, but that is not the case here. However, if you told them that you were dining at the Boardwalk just to park there, then you would be breaking the rules. I am not implying that you would do that, but I'm just letting you know that it is frowned upon here at Intercot.

DizNee143
02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
i personally see no problem...infact i wouldnt question it..id just do it..
but thats me..im a rebel like that sometimes and break the rule like that at disney..lol..

but like the others said you shouldnt since your not going to the boardwalk..persay..

to each his own..

DizneyRox
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
i personally see no problem...infact i wouldnt question it..id just do it..
but thats me..im a rebel like that sometimes and break the rule like that at disney..lol..

but like the others said you shouldnt since your not going to the boardwalk..persay..

to each his own..
Having stayed at the Boardwalk and coming "home" to no parking several times, I can't begin to explain my frustration with the practice. Very odd, the next morning, the lot was empty, and I'm not talking about public parking area, this was the resort guest lot (there are two).

Scar
02-19-2010, 11:34 AM
spectrum2100, not sure for your reasoning, but if it's distance, it's probably twice as far of a walk from Boardwalk than from the the main entrance.

DizNee143
02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Having stayed at the Boardwalk and coming "home" to no parking several times, I can't begin to explain my frustration with the practice. Very odd, the next morning, the lot was empty, and I'm not talking about public parking area, this was the resort guest lot (there are two).

i understand..but lots of people still do it..
like i said i would do it..but ive yet with my family ever rent a car..and the one year we drove down..we valet the car since we are dvc members and just used that service since it use to be free for us..

bicker
02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
If you're going to Epcot, please park at Epcot. Thanks.

Alligirl
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM

BWV is my home resort and I can't agree more with DizneyRox about how annoying this is!!!!!

spectrum2100
02-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I actually thought it would be closer from the boardwalk side, but if not, then I'll park at Epcot. Thanks!

ffrda
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
i understand..but lots of people still do it..
like i said i would do it..but ive yet with my family ever rent a car..and the one year we drove down..we valet the car since we are dvc members and just used that service since it use to be free for us..

One of the most "Un-Disney Fan" responses I've ever read on here.
"I understand that you paid lots of money to stay at the Boardwalk, but if it saves me $12 to use your parking spot.....too bad for you".....to paraphrase of course.
That's the type of mentality that I just don't expect to find by any seasoned Intercotter's.....sorry.....had to be said.

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Moderator Note--

What has been said is absolutely true. Parking at the resorts is reserved for those staying at the resorts or visiting them, and the parking lot at Boardwalk is intended for those dining at the restaurants or shopping in the stores there, not as an alternative lot for Epcot visitors.

For the original poster, there was no harm in asking the question and glad you got an appropriate answer. For those advocating parking at Boardwalk and visiting Epcot, please review INTERCOT's Terms of Service, as we do not allow discussion of ways to cheat the system or break the rules at Disney World.