PDA

View Full Version : Visiting WDW free on a "FAM" trip for work

Mendelson
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Didn't even know what these were until a few days ago - many of you may - but a FAM is a "familiarization trip," and in my case Mickey is inviting some people from my organization to convince us to hold large workshops and annual meetings at WDW. All. Expenses. Paid.

That's right...WDW pays for the airfare and gives us two nights at Coronado Springs and feeds us the whole time we're there. Most of the trip is listening to the schpiel about how great the property is for such conferences (preaching to the choir in my case), and listening to talking heads, but we do get to spend a good portion of our one full day there in the parks. Then dinner that night is at Epcot, for Illuminations. It's a short trip, and it's not with the other FAM (that being the one that ends in "ily") but this was just out of the blue and a nice "windfall" visit, if you will.

Anyone else been on one of these?

Red Randal
02-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Sounds very very cool and I wish I had a chance to do it.

FAM trips are a big thing for all the travel agents out there and one of the major perks of getting involved with that line of work.

Enjoy. Opportunities like this one don't come every day! :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
02-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Have fun...even if it's only for one day :thumbsup:

tazlikesrobots
02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Lucky :mickey: Any day at Disney beats a day at the office. Have fun on your FAM trip!