PDA

View Full Version : Can you make that To Go please?

CivilE
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
My wife and I will be taking our daughter (3) on her first trip to Disney this April! I have not seen any information on this topic, but I was wondering if you can get meals at the resort (POFQ) or most CS "To Go"? Depending on how the crowds are and how tired our little one gets, I'm just thinking that it would be nice if one of us could leave a little early and get lunch to take back to the room before nap time. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

CivilE

wdwnutz
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Sure u can get it to go, just let them know when you order. Or you can ask them for a lid or a bag to take it back to your room in case you don't finish it all. Plus most of the kids meals are packaged one way or another just like other fast food places. For example, Caribbean Beach puts the meals in a sand bucket.

clausjo
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I did this at the CS at Morocco and the little stand in Mexico just a couple of weeks ago without any problems. I took my meal from Morocco back to our hotel because the kids were tired and it was late. The next day I wanted those yummy nachos (which I didn't realize was such a BIG portion!) from Mexico and my kids wanted burgers from the Electric Umbrella. They put foil over top of my nachos and we were on our way!

SBETigg
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
We had to leave Jiko before our entrees were served because I came on with a sudden case of nausea. I think it was something we'd eaten earlier in the day, or before. I was fine when we arrived and then suddenly, really shaky. They were so nice about everything. They packaged up our entrees and desserts in plastic containers and even comped our bottle of wine, which I was not able to enjoy and had practically just been opened. I felt great the next day and we enjoyed our Jiko meals on our patio for lunch.

So while we didn't order anything "to go" in the first place, I'm sure they have the ability at WDW restaurants to make it that way if need be, and they will probably be very good about it, even at TS restaurants.

laprana
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure specifically about POFQ, but I know that at some of the other resort CS places you can get your meals to go. :thumbsup: The ones that come to mind right away are Captain Cooks at the Poly and Artist Palette at SSR. On our trip this past December, we ate at both and got meals to go at each. Our meals came in boxes that we just folded closed, and there were paper bags sitting out by the utensils, napkins, etc., that we used to put our meals in. I think a lot of the other CS places at resorts also have paper bags sitting out that you could use, too, but I'm not sure about the CS places in the parks. :confused:

d_m_n_n
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
We stopped at POR and used our last CS meals for sandwiches we brought home with us. I just let them know when it was ordered. It really worked well as we enjoyed them on our trip! :)

forever a child
02-18-2010, 09:21 PM
This is practically all we used to do at POR & POFQ. I remember bringing pasta back to the hotel room one night after getting back from the parks! Then I had my chocolate cake for breakfast in the morning!:D

kathiep
02-19-2010, 09:04 AM
The year we stayed at CBR my DD was having a really bad night. It became clear that there was no way we were going to make our ADR or go anywhere for that matter. My DH walked over to Shutters (TS) and ordered a meal to go. The staff there was fantastic about the whole situation.

CivilE
02-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Good to know! Thanks for the replys!!

:mickey:

MinnieMommie
02-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Just want to add one experience to the contrary. Over the years I have only tried this twice and both times were denied. Once at Captain's Jack at DD and once at Beaches and Cream at BC. The take out window at B&C is ice cream treats only. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
....yes definatley you can take your food to go at the FQ....we've done it several times, from the delicious beignets to meatball subs.....have fun !!:thumbsup: