PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Vacation Package For The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

John
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Universal Orlando Resort reveals EXCLUSIVE VACATION PACKAGE FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER

Guests Can Visit UniversalOrlando.com (http://www.UniversalOrlando.com) And Book NOW For Travel Starting May 28, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. (February 18, 2010) – It's one of the most highly anticipated theme park entertainment experiences of our generation and, for the first time, guests can now book an exclusive vacation package to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort with their families.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Vacation Package includes accommodations at an on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and admission to both Universal Orlando theme parks along with a wide-range of benefits available only by booking through Universal Orlando Resort. Benefits include early park admission, allowing guests to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter before other guests each day, as well as a traditional British breakfast at the Three Broomsticks, the signature eating establishment within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And by staying at an on-site hotel, guests get exclusive Universal Express Access to select attractions and shows, allowing them to bypass regular lines.

To best enjoy all Universal Orlando offers, guests may consider the four-night package featured below. Guests can add additional nights and also upgrade their theme park tickets to include park-to-park access, allowing them to go to both Universal theme parks each day. Additional packages are available with prices starting at $285 per-adult ($829 for a family of four) for four nights at a hotel near Universal. All packages and prices are available at UniversalOrlando.com (http://www.UniversalOrlando.com). All travel begins May 28.*

There has been worldwide anticipation for this one-of-a-kind entertainment experience, and we are thrilled to be offering families a way to experience the magic and excitement of Harry Potter's world,” said Alice Norsworthy, executive vice president of marketing and sales for Universal Orlando Resort.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Vacation Package Four Nights

On-site package starts at $645 per-adult ($1,548 for a family of four)

On-Site Package Benefits

Four-night accommodations at one of Universal’s three on-site AAA Four Diamond hotels: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Three days admission to Universal Studios and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks (park-to-park not included)
Complimentary Universal Express access to bypass the regular lines at select theme park rides and attractions (a $70 value per day)
Early park admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks
Commemorative ticket for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Good for travel beginning May 28, 2010

Ian
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Vacation Package Four Nights

On-site package starts at $645 per-adult ($1,548 for a family of four)Hmmm ... maybe it's just me, but this seems really price for just a four night vacation to a place with only two theme parks.

John
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Hmmm ... maybe it's just me, but this seems really price for just a four night vacation to a place with only two theme parks.

I don't know - didn't seem that bad to me at all. And having two solid parks isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion - especially for a four day stay. Not so rushed that way.

Those hotels are very nice - akin to staying at a disney deluxe resort (AAA Four Diamond Resorts) - so between that and park tickes, it seems pretty spot on for $1500 for four people for four days. Think what it costs to stay at the GF or Poly for that amount of time room wise....

wire0monkey
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
It seems like a very good deal to me, because it includes early admission to the Harry Potter area, a breakfast experience, and free front-of-the-line access.

I'm booked at Disneyland in December, and it was over $3000, and it only has two parks.

This is comparable.

Ian
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Good point on the quality of the hotels. I wasn't thinking of booking a deluxe resort at Disney when I said that, but it would definitely be a lot more than $1,500 and it wouldn't come with all the perks and the free breakfast.

I take it back ... it does look like a really good deal!

EeyoresBestFriend
02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
The packages are beginning May 28th hmmm. . . . Grand opening that weekend maybe??

I am sooo hoping for soft opening when we are there in early May . . . I'd love to see some of it!

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

John
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
I can tell you my family is waiting for official word - and definately going to see this :)

We may be Disney freaks but this has all of us pretty psyched!

Sunshine1010
02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
We plan on going next year when things die down a little.

clausjo
02-19-2010, 08:28 AM
We plan on going next year when things die down a little.

:ditto: Although my kids want me to go "right when it opens!" We're all big Harry Potter fans but I'd rather wait until some of the frenzy dies down. Can't wait though!

Tink1
02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Looking forward to this as well! Would love to go down to see this and Halloween Horror nights this year.

And since a few emailed to ask about this-

Yes we have agents that book Universal as well as Disney, DCL and other cruiselines.

Nanc

Sunshine1010
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Nanci (from Magical Journeys)...

When ya'll book vacations w/Universal.....do you change the price to the Supersaver rates when they are released?

Tink1
02-19-2010, 09:55 AM
we try! As with Disney, it has to be available and it has to be available in the mode you chose (room only and packages are 2 different animals)

Nanc

JPooh
02-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I just got an email for this offer and it also included a $285 per adult and $130 per child staying at a Universal Partner Hotel the difference in the package is you won't get the fasspass that's included in onsite resorts which is $645 per adult and $130 per child.

Disneymom4ever
02-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I actually went online this morning to try and figure pricing out. I found the difference between buying the HP pkg-with 3 nts. hotel (Royal Pacific) and 2 park days vs. pricing it individually (hotel and park tickets) was $56. So, for the $56 extra when buying the pkg, we get breakfast at the HP restaurant for 4 of us, and 1 hr. early admission. (Also a commemorative ticket-I'm thinking a souvenier?). So not bad. I think I would just go for the pkg. :mickey:

CAS
02-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Not sure what the excitement is about. Is the Harry Potter thing just a ride? And why are they making vacation packages based on one ride?

NJGIRL
02-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Not sure what the excitement is about. Is the Harry Potter thing just a ride? And why are they making vacation packages based on one ride?

It's not just a ride, it's a whole land and it looks like it's going to be very impressive. If it comes out to be everything that they are promising I think even non HP fans will want to check it out.

Kairi_7378
02-21-2010, 10:53 AM
This is something that would definitely make me spend a day or so at Universal!

Joannelet
02-22-2010, 08:27 AM
I cannot wait to go here and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to!!! But I have to get there to see this!! :)

Imagineer1981
02-23-2010, 12:52 PM
i almost want to wait a year or so to see if it continues to evolve. Right now, there is the rethemed Dueling Dragons ride and the walk through of Hogwarts. What are the other attractions?

magicofdisney
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm not an HP fan and won't be seeing this but I am excited to see how Disney will compensate for it. :mickey:

PharmD
03-04-2010, 06:55 AM
While we are die hard Disney fans we always try to go to Universal for a day or two when they have something new. We are definately HP fans and have plans to spend a day there this Oct. when we are down at Disney. I have looking forward to this since they announced it last year.