PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Trip for my 4 DD's in March-Help with Choices!

Mommyto4princesses
02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I need help! :confused: Too many choices for our first time! My DH and I are surprising our 4 girls over Spring Break in March. :secret: Two of them will have birthdays that week, oldest turning 13 and youngest turning 5. We thought we would celebrate the other two there as well, (9and 6)!We have the dining plan and have 7 TS meals to use. They have never been before and I want to include some character meals, but wondering if we will be tired of them if we try to get reservations for all 7. What are some of your thoughts on this. Also, what are your favorites that we should make sure to do?!? :mickey:

faline
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

I probably would not do 7 character meals in one trip. I think 1-3 might be a nice option. Since you have four daughter the Princess breakfast as Akershus in Norway might be a nice choice. Crystal Palace was recently undergoing renevations. If that's complete, I'd also suggest a meal with Pooh and friends there.

Other fun, family spots (without characters) include O'Hana's at the Polynesian (There is a breakfast character option here which includes Lilo & Stitch. Dinner does not include the characters) and Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge.

A big favorite of most is Le Cellier which has very tasty steaks. It can be difficult to get a reservation for this location though.

crazygoalie39
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
You do not need, or probably want, 7 character meals. My suggestions for the character meals would be Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Crystal Palace. If you can't get CRT, I would also suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast. Some of these will count as 2 TS, so just be aware.
Now for the other meals. For first timers, I would probably suggest Mama Melrose's, 50's Prime Time, 'Ohana, and probably Le Cellier.
If your looking for more "upscale" places, I would look to Jiko, Narcoossee's, California Grill, and Artist Point.

WelshieLover
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
With 4 daughters you must do Askerhaus princess meal in EPCOT. Food is excellent and the experience is wonderful. My Dh and I went for the food in January and ended up goiong bakc the next day with our DS and his girlfriend (who loves the princesses even though she is 21!). We all loved it.

This was my recently posted review:

6th day for lunch my husband and I were in the World Showcase, for lunch we knew we wanted something different. We looked at the various menus at the various countries. We decided to try Askerhaus in the Norway pavilion. We knew it was a princess character lunch but we really wanted to try the food. This may have been our best meal the whole week (although Boma is up there too). We had our picture with Belle and were brought to our table. We were not the only people in there without young children. One thing we did notice was that although there were a lot of young kids there they were all very well behaved. I think this was because it was lunch time and none of them were overtired yet. The price included the photo with Belle, soft drinks, appetizer, entrée and dessert. It was not inexpensive but well worth it. The appetizer is actually a buffet of traditional Norwegian salads, cold cuts and seafood including peel and eat shrimp. You could make a meal of this buffet. There were 5 or so entrees on the menu my husband had the meatballs and I the open face chicken sandwich. Both were really good. The sandwich came with a soup and a potato salad. The meatballs came with mashed potatoes. The dessert was a sampler of 3 different items an apple tart with ice cream and caramel sauce, rice pudding with strawberry sauce and a chocolate mousse cake. These were also excellent. We liked this place so much we went back for lunch the next day with my son and his girlfriend.

BigRedDad
02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
If you do one character breakfast with your DDP, you will be hard pressed to get your money's worth. Some of the best character meals I have been to are Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Akershus, and Chef Mickey's.