PDA

View Full Version : Booking refund

IloveJack
02-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Not that I plan on doing this (but also having this nagging reminder in the back of my mind of how hard this past year was financially), at what point can you not get your full deposit back if you have to back out of a trip? We're planning on going in December, but also planning to expand our family in the near future. If the pregnancy is difficult or more costly than normal, I can't travel (I will be a high-risk mommy-to-be), etc., I want to know that I can get our money back if I book this early. I'm thinking it's something like 45 days, but I'm also not sure where I came up with that info.
Thanks!

Tink1
02-18-2010, 08:31 AM
For land packages the 45 days prior is correct. For room only 6 days prior. For airline reservations it depends on the type of ticket purchased, but the lowest cost air seats are normally non-refundable.

Good Luck!

Nanc

Figment104
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
I actually had a similar worry with our trip in 2009 due to potential layoffs at my company. I spoke with a very helpful cast member who actually told me that so long as I rescedduled and didn't cancel between the 45 days (package) and 6 days (room only) I could call back at a later date and time and cancel the rescheduled trip and get a whole refund. Now in my opinion that would only be for an extreme situations but it did give me peace of mind to know there was an option for me. Luckily everything worked out and we were able to go when scheduled.

Hope everything goes great for you, and I would also double check with another cast member what I wrote above. They have been known to be wrong on occasion :secret:.

Good luck!