PDA

View Full Version : Help working GAD FPs into trip plans

Meteora
02-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone,
Long post ahead!

On our spring break trip, we are planning to do three park days, with Sunday the 28th being the first. We will be at the Swan for that day. I had originally planned DHS for that morning, then a very long afternoon break/rest, dinner at Kouzzina, then Illuminations at Epcot at 9 and leisurely making our way over to the MK for evening EMH. However, I just volunteered and now have a GAD voucher that I am planning to use for fast-passes. Since the 28th is the only non-blackout day or our vacation, it'll have to be then. To get the most mileage out of our FPs as a family, I think Epcot or MK would be the best choices, with preference to Epcot because of the possibility of multiple rides on Soarin', a favorite of mom and dad. (Mom and Dad do not do thrill rides.) However, Epcot is having EMH the morning of the 28th, and it's the beginning of Easter week on top of that, and I'm worried it will be a zoo to the point of being unenjoyable. My original plan, to go to Epcot that Wednesday, the morning after Epcot's Tuesday night EMH, seems a better idea. But we won't be able to use the GAD Fast passes then.

I'm also trying to minimize walking as much as possible in consideration of dad's recovery from a recent surgery (he will be well and back at work by that time and can already walk fine, but we all know Disney is a different level of walking, and he refuses to use a wheelchair or ECV).

So, my wise fellow Intercotees...what do you think we should do?

Meteora
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone? Thoughts? I'm honestly sort of stumped.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
This is a bit of a tough one, as it seems, from your post that BOTH MK and Epcot have EMH's that day.

Since your parents don't like the thrill rides, I think MK would be a better use of the FP. You can use it for the rides you like, and they won't have to wait as long. Also, for the ones like Peter Pan, a FP is always a must!

If MK has evening EMH, I would get an early start, use the FP's and then head out for dinner and over to Epcot for Illuminations. That way, you won't be stuck with too many crowds.