PDA

View Full Version : Wishes and Spectromagic Gone for Good, or Just for Summer?

rastahomie
02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Are Wishes and Spectromagic gone for good, or just for the summer?

Wishmaker
02-17-2010, 08:08 AM
What do you mean gone? :(

Disney Doll
02-17-2010, 08:26 AM
So far everything I've read just indicates new shows for summer. It makes me think they intend to bring back Wishes and Spectro, but I'm not sure.

Strmchsr
02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
The announcement for now is the MSEP and the new fireworks will run for 10 weeks as part of the Summer Fantastic promotion. After that, who knows? I'm sure Spectro will come back in some form or another in the fall, and probably Wishes, too.

Discussion for this is going on here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167037).

phlo8810
02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Did not hear this at all. Are they still running in May? We are taking first timers with us and they were looking forward to seeing them.

Strmchsr
02-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Did not hear this at all. Are they still running in May? We are taking first timers with us and they were looking forward to seeing them.

Yes. Summer Nightastic starts in June.

Keep in mind, that Disney isn't switching to some second rate parade and fireworks. Just because it's not Wishes and Spectro doesn't mean it won't be good. It'll be great. MSEP is a classic. I loved it back in the day and am really excited that they're bringing it back. These fireworks were the ones used during the Pirate and Princess party, so I know they've excellent, too.

Tink#64
02-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Well I'm hoping that it has all changed over for our visit June 5th - 11th, I would love to see MSEP! I haven't found dates anywhere except what Strmchsr just posted "starting in June", so now I'm really hopeful! :D Thanks Chris, I just love experiencing "new things" with each WDW trip! :cloud9: