PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you choose??

luvDaMouse
02-16-2010, 09:38 PM
My DH wants a more relaxing vacation this year and does not want to spend all day in the parks. We will be spending more time in the resort. I suggested Disneys HHI and I have been on the waitlist for a couple months now. The obsessive planner in me thinks that because my vacation is getting closer (May 21st –May 29th) the chances of my waitlist coming through are slim. So that said we are heading to Disney!:) I am thinking about booking the Poly for Friday and Sat (always wanted to stay there!) then checking into a DVC resort from Sun to Sat. If you were spending more time in a resort than in the parks which one would you choose?? We like the idea of walking to DHS and Epcot so I have booked a preferred view room in BWV as my dh has always wanted to stay there. He would rather have a Boardwalk view but there were none available but if I cancel my HHI waitlist I could waitlist for a Boardwalk view room. But maybe Beach club resort would be a better choice? We would be spending more time by the pool and I have heard good things about the pool at Beach club. But then again VWL is such a pretty resort too? It sounds like a good problem to have? Right?:confused: Anyone out there spend more time in the resorts and little park time? Which resort did you choose and why?
Thanks,
Dana

Pirate Granny
02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
If you want to be close to Hollywood Studio's and EPCOT...and want a great pool...I would go to Beach Club...if you want a quiet setting, just a ho-hum pool (at the Vacation Club) go to WLV...biggest benefit at WLV would be the boat to MK...watching the parade on water...
Personally, I vote BC for the pool and atmosphere.
:pirate:

Ms. Mode
02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
My DH suggested the same thing to us for our next trip...but...even though we try to take it easy we just can't!

When we were talking about it thought, AKL or WL were the two places that have a lot going on, and with the water parade and tours etc that WL offers it looks like a great place for a "quiet" vacation:thumbsup:

Ian
02-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Why don't you look into Vero Beach? It's awesome and very, very relaxing. It's also only an hour's drive from WDW, so you could easily do both in the same trip.

Tinkermom
02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Why don't you look into Vero Beach? It's awesome and very, very relaxing. It's also only an hour's drive from WDW, so you could easily do both in the same trip.

I agree with Ian. Vero is so awesome! You could stay at the Poly like you planned and then head down to Vero. It is a beautiful resort and right on the beach.

DizneyRox
02-17-2010, 11:48 AM
While not my favorite, WL is a great location for a resort type vacation. You have the whole MK resort area to keep you busy, plus all sort of activities going on over at Fort Wilderness to take advantage of.

Hmmm.. Sounds like a lot of fun, wonder if I can con the old lady into another trip.

Aurora
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I would say Boardwalk because of the shops and activities on the Boardwalk as well as the beautiful resort and the easy walk to the two parks you mentioned.

But if you think you'll be spending a lot of your time at the pool, the Beach Club is probably a better choice. The Boardwalk's pool is circus-tent themed, with a giant clown face as the slide exit. If you're not bothered by a circus theme, then no worries, but if you are and you'll be by the pool a lot, I'd choose the Beach Club.

The added benefit of the Beach Club Villas is that they're the closest to the International Gate at Epcot (but farther away from the Studios).

P.S. The Poly is one of my all-time favorite resorts. The grounds and the pool are awesome. There are tons of things to do.