PDA

View Full Version : Field Trip to See Disney Art Tomorrow!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Very excited about going back to school tomorrow because we're taking our kids to see the Disney Art exhibit at the New Orleans Museum of Art. Spreading the Magic! :mickey: We were fortunate enough to get in on a grant from our state and Disney providing free admission for the first 12,000 public school students to apply. We're taking 125 kids, and we have around sixty parents going as well! Have worked some lessons in ahead of time to get them ready and cover Reading skills. I was glad these junior high students were really into going. Can not wait! :artist:

beksy
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
That sounds great! Wish we had done something like that when I was in school. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Sounds like fun.

AdventurerKim
02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
The exhibit is awesome! The drawings are amazing, and looking at the detail in them makes you appreciate them and all the time that went inot creating them. I'm so glad the exhibit has been here! John Goodman narrates the audio tour, and he is wonderful.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Updating--so fun! Well done!!! We were the only school at NOMA that day, so we loved having it to ourselves. Everyone working there was so gracious and helpful. Kids loved each having an audiotron to hold and listen to John Goodman telling about the exhibits. It was really exciting to see all the sketches and concept art. Big hit, and gave Mickeysprincess and me a wonderful little dose of Disney to hold us over. Highly recommend going if you get a chance!