PDA

View Full Version : Handicapped rooms at POR

lindkaye
02-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know how the handicapped rooms at POR are arranged? We will be going in Sept with a family of 5 (need the trundle bed in Alligator B). I was not sure if the h.rooms come just with a king bed or 2 fulls? Is it just the bathrooms with the rails that default it to be handicapped accessable? I have a knee replacement gone bad, MS and arthritis of the lower spine - needless to say I don't run the marathon! hehe. I am bringing my own scooter so was hoping the room might be a little larger to accomodate it. We can always improvise - it is DisneyWorld after all - but anything to make it easier is always welcomed.

beksy
02-16-2010, 08:22 AM
We had a mix-up with our room ressies (Mom is in a scooter and they had us on the second floor without elevators) so we almost had a handicapped room. Make sure on your ressies to state that you need a room on the first floor. The room they were going to give us had a king bed. I don't know if that was all that they have or just what they had available that day. I believe the main difference is the bathroom. It just has a shower without the tub (Mom can't step in and out of a tub). I don't think there is anymore room but we honestly didn't need it. There were 3 adults in the party and we had the 2 double beds and just moved a few things around so the scooter just drove straight into the room and parked by the window. It was out of our way and there was a plug-in right there. I don't know your particular needs but what we ended up having was a maintenance guy installed a transfer seat in the tub. That way Mom could just sit and swing her legs over the edge instead of stepping and had the seat while showering. I don't know if this can just be requested or not but if it would work that might be your best bet to get the two beds. Hope this helps! :mickey: