PDA

View Full Version : Star wars weekend?

cajunmickey
02-15-2010, 06:56 PM
We are going to WDW the last week on May, just in time for the 1st star wars weekend. DS is a big fan and I was wondering if the list of celebs were out yet. Any advice would be appreciated. We have never been to this before.

faline
02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
We've only been once but didn't do many of the things associated with the event itself. We didn't try to meet any of the actors who were present and only briefly wandered through the area where the special items were being sold. We greatly enjoyed the parade, though!

More information here. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)

Scott C
02-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Get in line early -- 6am is not out of the question. There are usually three lines -- one line to get a fastpass to see each celeb. Idk how old the son is -- but what we did is have the kids get in the fastpass line for one celeb and dw and I got in line for another. That way the kids got to see 2 celebs instead of one. If you wait until park opening to go -- the fastpasses will be long gone.

Thanks
Scott C

cajunmickey
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Disney son will be 21 by the time we go. This will probably be our last trip all together. It will be my daughters graduation. It will be DH, DS(21), girlfriend(21), DD(18), my mom, and myself. We went all together 2 years ago but left just before star wars weekend. This time we are trying to stay at least the Friday and part of Saturday.
We have a 12 drive to get back to work for the Monday. And summer school for college will begin the next week. Trying to cram a lot in a week.

MOJoe
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I haven't heard any news yet on which celebs are attending this year. But it shouldn't be too long before a few names are leaked. If getting celebrity autographs are a priority, then by all means get to the Studios early. For the hard to get autographs, some camp out all night for a place in line. For others, getting in line a couple of hours before park opening is good enough.
The Star Wars Parade and opening ceremony is a must see. There are numerous character greetings and photo opps. The celebs will have a session where they discuss their roles in the films. There has been a warehouse full of Star Wars merchandise that's fun to look at even if you don't have the money to buy much. And the last event of the day is the Hoopla - a zany event with corny jokes and dancing.
You can easily spend the entire day (or weekend!) doing nothing but Star Wars related stuff. And for those that love the films, this is one of the most fun events Disney offers. Have fun. :darth:

KylesMom
02-17-2010, 12:23 PM
And for those that love the films, this is one of the most fun events Disney offers. Nicely said, MOJoe. I also agree that we'll be seeing some press regarding the celebrity guests soon.

We've been going to Star Wars Weekends intermittently since '00 - it truly is marvelous fun for our family. The special SW parade, photo ops with non-celebrity characters, shopping and overall park vibe during these weekends is a blast. I'm sorry we'll miss it this year! :mickey:

One word of recommendation: If you're able to get more than one day in at SWW, scope out where Darth Vader is. If it's an important photo op, get there shortly after park opening the next day after you've found where he's greeting folks. It will save lots of time later in the day!

cajunmickey
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the help. We had missed it in the past. When we had arrived there we realized it was that weekend and we left on Thursday. Really looking forward to this.