PDA

View Full Version : Help making ressies?

Goofy Pluto
02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
So tomorrow is my d-day for making dining reservations. I'm thinking of trying the online method. Anything I should know about using this? I've never done it before. Can you do more than one at a time? If we have two computer logging in with the same account, will that cause a problem?

Thanks.

Strmchsr
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I suppose it would be helpful to know that you can log in at 6 am EST instead of 7 like with the phone lines.

As for the rest, you do one at a time, but it doesn't take long. As you make each one, save it in your cart and then on to the next. The one thing about online versus over the phone is that I've noticed with the online ressies just moving your time 30 min can make a difference. For instance, it might show no availability at 4:00 but if I move it to 4:30 I get options where the over the phone CM can scan all open times quickly. You can do a date range online, which is nice but it will always give you the first option of the time closest to your first date.

It's a pretty simple system and will email your ressies after you "checkout." However, I have had it once not send the email so make sure you either write them down or don't close the window until you get your email.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-15-2010, 05:44 PM
There is no need to "log in" to your Disney.com account, because even if you do, the system will NOT retrieve your reservations once you log back out or close the window. You can do it if you want to, but it doesn't help much. Using multiple computers should be no problem.

The site adds each ADR you make to your "cart" just like you were shopping online and buying multiple items on one order. You "check out" at the end, or when you reach the maximum ADRs allowed in your cart at one time (10, I THINK).

If you are staying on-site, don't forget to click "retrieve your reservation" at the top of the window during your first reservation search so that you can get your plus-ten benefit.

r4kids
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
We have had a difficult time adding children to the reservation online. It wouldn't allow me to input the children's ages and then it would say please enter the children's ages. It was driving me crazy. I had to do all adults so we could get a reservation.