PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at Chef Mickey's and Teppan Edo

snowwhite1970
02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
We will be in Disney for my daughter's 12th birthday. We have ADRs for Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Teppan Edo for dinner. Does anyone know if they do anything for birthdays at either place? Thanks!

tmosier
02-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, yes they do something for birthdays! We were recently at WDW for my mom's bday. At resort check in, they gave my mom a bday pin and when we had table service meals, they brought her a cupcake with a candle in it and everyone sang. Chef Mickey's was especially nice because, if I remember correctly, Minnie came and gave her a hug when the server brought out her bday cupcake.

Rosemickey68
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
At Chef Mickey's... When we got to our table I had a special b-day place mat with Mickey on it and signed by him. The servers bring out cupcakes with candles on them and sing a special song that everyone in the place participates in by twirling their cloth napkins, the characters are all out and come by each table for autographs and pictures. It was alot of fun.
Not sure about Teppan Edo, but most places usually will bring out a dessert or card for the b-day person.

Pop Centurion
02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
At Teppan Edo they give you a paper chef's hat with "Happy Birthday" written in Japanese. They also sing happy bday in Japanese as well. 2 years ago they gave me an extra desert w/ a candle while they sang. Last year they just added the candle to the desert I ordered w/ my meal so YMMV as far as desert. Of course you can always order a cake ahead of time if you wanted.

MaxPower
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Let the restaurants know in advance, and they will have more time to do something special.

Brooklynos
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm glad to see the responses to this post.. Our upcoming trip is 10 days after my little brothers 12th b-day. We currently have a ADR for Chef Mickeys for one of our mornings and Johns' birthday is noted on our ADR.

To the OP: Make sure that your daughters birthday is listed all week long, there may be special things that many places do for her to have a weeklong celebration. We have seen eveything from birthday cards signed by characters/servers to birthday confetti at our table to cupcakes with candles. It's the unexpected surprises that make it all that more magical!!!

snowwhite1970
02-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Thank you so much everyone! This is going to be her best birthday ever!:mickey: