PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant

KAT1811
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Has anyone been to the Plaza recently? I was wondering how you liked it? We have eaten here once and are thinking about going back again on our next trip just for an easy, quick dinner in the MK (nothing else really appeals to us in the MK and we have the other resort area restaurants we enjoy covered throughout the rest of our trip). I recall it being good, a nice change of pace from the CS spots but nothing over the top. Any opinions would be great!

kakn7294
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
The Plaza is one of our favorites. It's just sandwiches and desserts but they are good and reasonably priced by Disney standards. We find it to be a nice quiet break in the day.

VWL Mom
02-15-2010, 03:47 PM
We were there in August and November. We use it on the MK EMH nights. I agree with Kathy, good food at a reasonable price. Love the strawberry milkshakes!

disneymom15
02-15-2010, 03:49 PM
We've eaten there twice & really enjoyed it. Food was very good and not to expensive.

Ian
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
We love the Plaza. It's a must-do for us on every trip. They have the best milkshakes and really good sandwiches and stuff.

ElenitaB
02-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Finally ate there last year and really liked it. Loved the tomato basil soup. Good food and good service.

faline
02-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Haven't eaten there in a while but it really is a very nice, and often overlooked, spot!

KAT1811
02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
We love the Plaza. It's a must-do for us on every trip. They have the best milkshakes and really good sandwiches and stuff.

I'm glad to hear that. We did it a couple of years ago but haven't been back since. I now have good feelings about adding it on to our dining list this trip.

Being from Rhode Island my favorite milkshake is a coffee milk shake and they do not have them in WDW.

TinkiTime1989
02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Being from Rhode Island my favorite milkshake is a coffee milk shake and they do not have them in WDW.

Just to let you know, Beaches and Cream has milkshakes and one of their ice cream flavors you can get is coffee!

Darbylew
02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
We love the Plaza. It is one of our favorite
places to eat. For those that have never tried
it give it a try. It is worth it. :thumbsup:
FIRST TRIP 1972 :mickey:
LAST TRIP NOV. 2009
NEXT TRIP MAY 2010 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN ;)

CaptSmee
02-16-2010, 12:13 AM
The Plaza is our favorite sit down in the MK. It is always consistent. I LOVED the Strawberry Chicken Salad! :cloud9:

KAT1811
02-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Just to let you know, Beaches and Cream has milkshakes and one of their ice cream flavors you can get is coffee!

I'll have to try it. The coffee flavored things we have up here are made from a syrup, like the kind you would use to make chocolate or strawberry milk. It won't be the same intense coffee flavor but I sure can give it a try! ;)

:thanks:

Ms. Mode
02-16-2010, 10:27 AM
We were at the Plaza in January. The food was very good, we called it a "light" meal that was refreshing after overdoing it at other places during the week.

We had a seat in the "gazebo" type room at the back...it's very close back there....but the view of Cindy's Castle is wonderful :mickey:

snowflakegirl
02-16-2010, 10:59 AM
The Plaza is our favorite sit down in the MK. It is always consistent. I LOVED the Strawberry Chicken Salad! :cloud9:

I was just going to say that I haven't eaten here in a while since my last trip was the summer of 08, but the Strawberry Chicken Salad was why I chose to eat there, and I was not disappointed...I LOVED it.

beksy
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
We ate there in Oct for the first time and then again in January. This was the one place Mom had to go back to. The sandwiches and service are great, and so are the deserts! Mom claims it has the best banana split she ever tasted.

Loweschevy
02-17-2010, 09:22 AM
What I like about The Plaza-the food is simple and delicious. It is small and quaint-it does not ever seem too loud. Oh and did I mention the chocolate milkshakes are awesome :)

KAT1811
02-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Okay thanks to all of you Plaza Restaurant is officially on the October itinerary!!!

Thank you all for your glowing reviews of Plaza. I wasn't excited about it but I sure am now!!!

I wonder if they could make me a coffee shake if I brought the syrup with me? Hmmmmm. . .

SurferStitch
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM

Me, too!! I love that salad, and get it almost every time we eat there.

The Plaza is our favorite lunch spot in MK. The fries and milkshakes are also must-do's for me!!

olivegirl
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
We love it as a change of pace place to catch a bite to eat, very good food and prices. :thumbsup: