PDA

View Full Version : Can you use points and cash for a Disney Cruise?

PercyPug
02-15-2010, 09:52 AM
The hubs and I REALLY need a get-a-way! We have some extra points, and were wondering if we could use these in combination with cash to book a Disney Cruise. Thanks for any info!

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure about the cruise, but, my instints are saying no.

We had 3 studios one year but, were short a few points for the 3rd studio... didn't have enough for the last night. So, the only thing we could do was pay out of pocket for the other room. And the going rate was $400+ for one night. Needless to say, the people in that room bunked in the other 2 rooms for the last night!

I don't know how Disney would figure that $$ amount. It's not as if anyone pays by the night for a cruise.

Maybe google has more info....

hlkeck
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
You could pay points for one person and cash for the second person, I believe. You can't break up points and cash for one stay for one person. I think that was the response I got when I asked a couple years ago.

Tinkermom
02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
First...

:welcome: to INTERCOT PercyPug!

YES you can use a combo of points & cash for the cruise. We have done it twice now. You have to use your points in full person increments. In other words you cannot pay some points for one person and then cover the rest for that person in cash.

If the points are say 188 points for each the 1st and 2nd person in a cabin (actual points for a March - 4 night cruise in a Category 5 cabin with verandah) then you would have to use 188 points for the first person and then cash for the second person. Once you pay in points for that first person in the cabin you can use cash for as many others as you want. IF though you want to pay points for say 2 out of 3 people then using the points that I gave above you would have to pay 376 points (188 for each the 1st and 2nd person) and then cash for the third person. Again, you must use your points in full person increments.

We have two cabins booked for a March sailing (in just 4 weeks!:party:). We have myself and my oldest son (age 15) booked in a Cat 6 with verandah and my DH and our 13 year old DS and 8 year old DD in a Cat 11 (inside stateroom) across the hall. We paid points for the first person (me) and cash for my 15 year old DS in the Cat 6 and then we paid points for the first person in the Cat 11 cabin (DH) and cash for our DS 13 and DD 8. Once we board the plan is to have our teen boys bunk in the Cat 11 and DH, myself and DD8 will bunk in the Cat 6 as DCL does not care what the sleeping arrangements are once you board. :D

Let me know if you have any other questions! We love that we are able to use part points/ part cash for the cruises as it really helps us to be able to afford to sail with 5 of us. :thumbsup:

PercyPug
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the info!! You all are awesome!