PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when Toontown is closing?

tinxmom
02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
We have seeen that Toontown will be closing sometime in 2010 for a huge renovation - does anyone know approximately when it will be closing? We are going ten days from now and I have someone counting on Goofy's Barnstormer!!!!

Genie1953
02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I hope someone answers soon. I was wondering about this myself. We will be there in 53 days.

crltkcagle
02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
I was wondering the same

JPL
02-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it will close after the Spring Break Season based on some of the things I have been hearing. Now this isn't written in stone but it would be easiest area to start working since they can close it off and start installing Dumbo so they can remove it from it's current location and have it up and running without interuption.

Genie1953
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Just hope they wait until after April 19th when we head back home.

finaldynasty
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
From my understanding, they will do it this fall, but that is hearsay...

Imagineer1981
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
better be fall, my 2 year old needs one more time with mickey!

Stu29573
04-09-2010, 04:07 PM
better be fall, my 2 year old needs one more time with mickey!

He'll get his time regardless. It would just be in town square....

pixiesmimi
04-10-2010, 06:56 PM
If they close Toontown, where will they do the meet and greets for the Princesses, Fairies, and Mickey?

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I hope they don't close it before MNSSHP in the fall. But I doubt it:-(

jonahbear2006
04-11-2010, 01:48 AM
I heard it was this spring after the Easter rush, which is why they have already made plans to move the character greetings to exposition hall. I think if it isn't already closing down as we speak it will be within the next few weeks.

5togetherWDW
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
According to Thomas Smith on the Disney parks blog "Construction in this area is scheduled to begin in early 2011." This was in reply to the question, "Any word yet on a closing date for Toontown Fair?"

The question was asked in the discussion that follows the post, "Update: Fantasyland Expansion at Magic Kingdom Park" (posted on April 9th, 2010 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks)

". . . . there are some updates you should know about.

Beginning April 12, Ariel’s Grotto, Scuttle’s Landing snack location and Pooh’s Playful Spot will be closing. You’ll still be able to find several of your favorite Disney Characters in some other locations and continue to experience other favorite Fantasyland attractions –- in their normal locations. Ariel will continue to be seen in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade and SpectroMagic Parade at Magic Kingdom Park as well as at the Voyage of The Little Mermaid attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ariel will have a new grotto greeting location and ride-through attraction called Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid as part of the Fantasyland expansion scheduled for 2013. We’ll post any new updates on the expansion project on the blog."

Kate In Wonderland
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the Info! :D

Pixie Power
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
So will all of ToonTown close at the same time? I'm just wondering when the Barnstormer will be shut-down for good.

TIA!:thumbsup:

everyonesmadhere
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
So will all of ToonTown close at the same time? I'm just wondering when the Barnstormer will be shut-down for good.

TIA!:thumbsup:

The dumbo revamp will include the barnstormer, the same ride, just circus themed. Mickey and friends meet in town hall with the fairies. I assume the princesses meet in fantasyland.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Still open two weeks ago when we were there. I made the mistake of asking someone about Minnie's and Mickey's homes being moved soon--the CM said she believed they were slated for "demolition" soon! I told her I wished I hadn't heard that word. I was under the recent impression they were being relocated.:( Also didn't remember hearing anything about part of Exposition Hall being walled off--the whole back part! We were waiting for dinner at Tony's when I saw "the wall"! So disappointed in this! Again, CM said it was all part of the new renovations....I don't like change too much.

Goofster
05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll miss Toontown Fair. I have a lot of great memories (and videotape too) of my kids toddling around in the Mickey and Minney houses. I'll miss the area and I really hate change, but the new changes sound really cool.