PDA

View Full Version : DDP question

bkfree
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
DDP question:
I should know this since we have used the dining plan for the last 3 trips but here goes..

The DDP is tied to the number of nights at your resort , right??

The park tickets can be whatever you want regardless of number of nights or number of days in the DDP,Right?
Thanks!

faline
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Actually, there have been some changes to the tickets piece of these packages. The dining plan is tied to the number of nights on your reservation. Recently, Disney has also begun to require that your ticket purchases are tied to the number of nights you are staying as well.

bkfree
02-14-2010, 10:03 PM
WHAT:confused::confused:

You mean if we are planning to check out Universal or Sea World, we would still have to buy a ticket for a Disney Park for that day??
And we always like a day off to just chill at the resort. So I would also have to buy tickets for that day also???
So a week long stay at the resort, I would have to buy 7 day tickets that would only be used for 4 days??????
Say it ain't so... this may cause me to rethink the whole thing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't panic quite yet!

Yes, the DDP is tied to the number of nights you are at the resort. Faline is correct that Disney seems to be leaning towards having you buy a ticket for the same number of days, but they can't "make" you do that, unless you're buying a special package, with some sort of savings. Now, so many things end up being "special" packages at Disney that if you really don't want the extra days, you'll have to keep an eye out for it, but it can be done!

Another REALLY important point, the difference in price between a 4-day ticket and a 7-day ticket is only $9 ($225 vs $234), so this might not be something to worry about at all.

Magical Journeys is a group of wonderful travel agents, and they can do all of the slicing and dicing of the numbers, to figure out what package, tickets, etc is right for you.

bkfree
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes, after my rant, I went and looked up the actual price difference and there really wasn't enough to even worry about, so I will happily buy a ticket for each day.
Now we are just trying to figure out if we need Park hopper this time. I think we have been enough that I do not think we will this time, so that saves us a couple of hundred. That pays for Sea World tickets anyway.

renecat
02-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Just remember without park hoppers to make your ADR in the park you are planning to be in that day.

NewDVCowner
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Okay, I think this is how I read this, but I want to make sure before I just assume something.

Say we're staying for seven nights (through DVC, if that makes a difference), but we get an eight day ticket. Does that mean that if we get the DDP we would need to get seven days worth of meals, or eight? I thought it was tied to the number of days on your ticket, but now I think I'm reading it's the number of nights. Please help clarify this for me? I'm quite confused. :confused:

Thanks!

ElenitaB
02-16-2010, 09:41 PM
DVC is a whole different kettle of fish. If you are a DVC member, the DDP is independent of the tickets you may have. You purchase the DDP for the number of nights you will be at DVC. You don't even have to decide when you book your room. You just need to make sure that you call and let them know that you want the DDP (for all members of your party), I think maybe 2 or 3 days before you check in.

NewDVCowner
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks!