PDA

View Full Version : OKW or BWV

hlkeck
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
We are AKL owners and have never stayed at either OKW or BWV. We did pool hop to BWV once and found the pool freezing, but the kids loved the slide. We will be taking my brother and sister-in-law for their first Disney experience with their kids, ages 6 and 4, this fall.

I would like opinions on which place to stay. We will be getting 2 studios and resort amenities will be a factor, as well as eating options. Also, bus wait times will be important.

Thanks for your advice!

faline
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
This discussion (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166725)might be helpful.

Personally, I'd probably opt for the Boardwalk location and its proximity to Epcot. Old Key West is very pretty and has the lovely boat ride to Downtown Disney but busses do loop around the resort before heading to parks. We only stayed here on one occasion but did experience a couple of particularly long waits for busses (plus the multiple stops throughout the resort). I've never stayed at Boardwalk but I believe they only have one bus stop that serves the resort.

MinnieMommie
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
OKW has larger studios and Olivias is a great place to eat. That being said, your access to the parks is much more accessible when staying at BWV. You can walk into Epcot or HS. You can take a boat to HS. You can walk through Epcot and take the monorail to MK and you can take a bus just about anywhere. The bus route makes stops at swan/dolphin and BC/YC.

You have many food options at BWV. It is really amazing the access to food you have when staying there. At OKW you will have many options at DD which is in close proximity but at BWV you just have to walk out your door and find many dinning venues.

Have you considered BC? The kids will love Stormalong Bay. :mickey:

ElenitaB
02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
OKW has a bus dedicated to the resort, which, as Faline points out above, makes a long loop throughout the entire property. BW shares its busses with other resorts. Of course, you don't need a bus to go to two parks.

It's not an easy decision. The villas at OKW are larger than the other DVC resorts, and the studios have two "real" beds. At the BW, one of the beds will be a sofabed.

It's a tough call. Point ranges for BW (for a standard view) and OKW are almost the same. I'd take the kids and their ages into account for this one. If they were older, I'd say to definitely go with the BW due to the evening activities and the great kids' pool area. However, OKW is very restful and also has a fun kids' pool area.

Good luck! Such a blessing to face such "hard decisions." :thumbsup:

P.S. I was up against this same decision and it was ultimately availability that made the decision for us.

hlkeck
02-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks so much for the responses. It is a blessing to have to choose between the two, and yes, the point value is what is driving the decision.

My guess is that availability will end up making our decision as well - but here's to hoping!

Sounds like we can't go wrong with either.