PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP picking my Resort!!!!

forever a child
02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I plan on staying 6 nights with Room only discount rate and using GAD ticket (upgrading to 6 day park hopper ticket).

I CANT DECIDE!

Would of course really rather save $ with Value Resort. POP is out (cant stand the theme). It is only DD15 and me so room size doesnt matter much. But I LOVE the moderates. :cloud9: Just not sure if I can justify the extra $ that we could use for splurging at the parks (Would save about $250 for value vs. Moderate).

Even if we decided to upgrade to Moderate...DD would like to try something NEW and would like CBR. Where as, I LOVE POR and would prefer there.

If we stay at Value we are thinking of AS Sport's cause DD is into Swimming and is more sports oriented.

HELP ME Decide :blush: I have been thinking about this so long that now that I have the $ to put down on our reservation...I can't decide which to commit to!:(

RedSoxFan
02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I've never stayed at a Value so I can't help you there. But we stayed at CBR and it's a lovely resort. We were in Aruba -- a walk to the food court; but not too bad. It's a nice walk too. The bus stop was close by and very reliable. I would stay there again; however, I would get a preferred so not to have the walk to the food court, etc. Oh, and the kids loved the pool.

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I dont know, you have to take things into consideration such as: Refrigerators at Moderates( we almost always eat breakfest in the room before we go to the parks and it saves us a ton of money), also if you were to stay at Coronado Springs you would get queen size beds for the same price. If it was me and I had to choose between a value and a moderate, I would pick a Mod and go with CSR.

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Plus the pool at CSR is really cool too!:number1:

megustamex
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
We love the All-Star Music. The rooms were refurbished last year and the pool is the only one at the All-Stars that has a DJ, pool games, and music all day. They show movies at night by the pool (Disney movies of course!). We also prefer the AS resorts to Pop because we like the character theming rather than pop culture theming.

PirateLover
02-13-2010, 05:31 PM
If you really can't decide, I would say pick out of a hat!!! If you go with the values, you save money that can be spent elsewhere, and honestly I've never had a BAD experience at any I've stayed at. If you go mod, you can make use of the extra amenities and spend a little more time enjoying the atmosphere. I have only stayed at CBR out of the Mods, and I was a little let down, but that was 5 years ago now. I really don't think you can go wrong.

Rekenna
02-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I say go with the Values, our fave is ASMo. You can spend that $250 on a multitude of other things. If you are really planning on staying in the parks-Star Wars weekends-you won't be there a whole lot anyway. Now I have to say we have never stayed at a Mod so I can't make a comparison. Money always wins out with me. You could save the $250 for your next WDW trip!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-14-2010, 09:07 AM
....if your DD is really into swimming, then POR would be my pick as there are 5 quiet pools and one main pool, then if those get too boring you could grab a boat to the FQ and use their pool.......just sayn'.....:cool:

forever a child
02-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Ugh, still thinking:scratch:

forever a child
02-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Finally decided, we are staying at POR!

YIPPY!!!!!!:joy:

Now I can't Wait!!!!:minnie:

Thank you everyone for helping me decide! I just felt like "I want what I want" :thumbsup:, so why settle for less when it has been so long since we have been to WDW. DD said she didn't mind which resort I chose. (I think she just wanted me to make a decision! ):D

:mickey: