PDA

View Full Version : scariest ride

mouselover93
02-13-2010, 11:36 AM
whats the scariest ride in Disney you were ever on? mine would have to be alien encounter. both times i was on it i was 8 and then 9. looking back if i were to go on it today i would still be freaked out by it but the only difference would be that i wouldn't be screaming,crying, and yelling for my mother

crltkcagle
02-13-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL It was actually the people mover for me! My stupid brothers kept telling me the line was going to pop and rocking the car back and forth. I was scared we were going to hit the ground the whole time! Quite silly now that I look back on it.

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Universe of Energy.

mouselover93
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
wow superzues i saw your post the other day. you must really HATE that ride LOL

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
wow superzues i saw your post the other day. you must really HATE that ride LOL

Yeah what can I say, apparently im in the Minority on this one but thats okay.

If I was a child i would say that Dinosaur would probably be the scariest.

coneygoil
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Alien Encounter was a darn scary attraction! I wish it was still there. But the ride that gets me is the Haunted Mansion. I have a weird phobia about antiques and stuff, so the HM gives me anxiety. I usually have to close my eyes when I ride it with my family.

Dinosaur also scares me, but it's more of a thrilling scare than a scare scare...if that makes sense :D

Lakin
02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
It's a Small World?

DisneyBunch
02-13-2010, 08:02 PM
If the water parks were included, I would say Mt. Gushmore. I was secretly hoping that my 11 year old (at the time) daughter would "chicken out" so I wouldn't have to go down the slide. I was in my mid thirties when I rode it, and that ride scared the heck out of me. I've only been on it one time, and I won't be doing it again any time soon. At the top, it looks as if you will be sliding straight down and will fall off instead of sliding (obviously you stay on the slide). Disney did a great job with this slide.:mickey:

SBETigg
02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Dinosaur! I love it, but it scares me every single time. In a good way. So fun!

mouselover93
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
It's a Small World?

that is much scarier than alien encounter

KylesMom
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Tower of Terror. It's the only ride in all of Disney World that can get my adrenaline going where I actually scream. Our first time as a family was riding this about two years ago, and DS laughs at me each time because I'm a maniac on the thing - very different than anywhere else at Disney! :mickey:

MegaDisney
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Tower of Terror - hands down. I hated ToT so much that I was actually considering passing on it for my next trip, but with the new effects to be added this summer, I guess I will have to do it one more time to see what all the buzz is about.

We have a picture of me hugging the tree right outside the ToT exit, I love that tree dearly at that moment.

GrmGrninGost
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Alien Encounter for me!

ryca1dreams
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Nothing really "scares" me now, although Alien Encounter and Dinosaur both kind of made me nervous.
When I was a kid, Snow White's Adventures scared the Dopey out of me. I'm not sure why. Did the witch pop out more back then or was I just a scaredy-cat?

Zawadi
02-14-2010, 05:21 PM
The scariest ride for me is the return to the hotel late at night standing on a crowded Disney Transport bus with the lights out.;)

BigRedDad
02-14-2010, 06:05 PM
There are no "scary" rides at WDW. There rides are timid compared to most other parks. However, at the time, Space Mountain when it opened. There were not too many coasters, being dark, and the space theme and queue hyped up the fear factor.

faline
02-14-2010, 07:05 PM
It took me years to ride Space Mountain. Every time we went, I'd say I was going to ride it and then wouldn't!

bruin1344
02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
no rides ever scared me although i used to be a little nervous to go on space mountain and tower of terror

ANG
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Tower of Terror. And the reason it "scared" me was because I wanted to vomit with each drop. The story was cool. but the drops were too much for me.

BigThunderFan
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Tower of Terror. And the reason it "scared" me was because I wanted to vomit with each drop. The story was cool. but the drops were too much for me.

I would say mine is ToT also, but not so much scary as just huge adrenaline rush. But I do scream like a little girl on it everytime it drops...

SillySymphony
02-14-2010, 08:07 PM
No question... hands down it's the Tower. Never been on it, have zero interest.... I've always had a single phobia in life and that would be falling. No need to exacerbate my condition....however, to all my gravity loving friends.... Drop On...!!!

NewDVCowner
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
California Screaming at DCA. I finally rode it for the first time when I was there in December. You crest these hills on the coaster and it just felt like you were dropping straight down. I got off that thing and wanted to kiss the ground. I'll never get on it again.

paragon
02-15-2010, 07:43 AM
The plane ride home!!!!

There is nothing there thats truly "scary", but the thought of going on Its a Small World always scares me, because of the song!

Everest gives me a little chill, only when first entering the tunnel backwards.
Dinosaur has a few moments in it.

Got the wife to go on TOT, it was just after they changed it to the random drops, I had ridden with my son, and it was very tame, talked DW into going in, mostly so she could see all the theming, and she could take the chicken exit at the top, showed her all the little kids waiting to ride, and that our last ride was tame, so she sucked it up and went on, well of course that ride had about twice as many drops in it, and she was horrified! In the picture, everyone is smiling, and she has a look of total horror and is biting my shoulder! LOL.
She has no problem with space mountain though, and this year my challenge is to get her on R&R.

JabberJaws
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
AE was by far the scariest ride disney has ever had in one of their parks (aside from IASW of course). Incidentally, AE was also one of my all time favorite WDW attractions. I was not happy to say the least when they closed it down, basically due to all of the negative feedback from families who forced their kids to do it despite the DOZENS of warnings about how scary it was. Then when the kids freaked out, the parents took it out on Disney. Really....read warnings! That is what they are there for!!

Anyways that being said AE was definitely scary!

crazygoalie39
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Dinosaur is definitely scary for me and so is ToT. I have no idea why either. I've been to Cedar Point and ridden some of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world no problem, but these scare me. haha.

Ms. Mode
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Mission: Space

The original. Something about the "I'd Turn Back if I Were YOU!" every 15 seconds had me really nervous prior to the ride. After that...we were all sick for the rest of day!

TikiLounger
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM

I agree...

eeyorepoohfan
02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I will have to agree with many previous posters that Alien Encounter scared me. I was 17 at the time and was still freaked out! I don't love being in the dark, so maybe that had a little something to do with it! :blush: The first time I rode Dinosaur and ToT I was nervous too, becuase I had to idea what was going to happen and when!

I do remember when I was younger Haunted Mansion scared me horribly, I didn't like things jumping out! So I would ride it while looking at my lap and glancing up periodically! :secret:

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Nothing really "scares" me now, although Alien Encounter and Dinosaur both kind of made me nervous.
When I was a kid, Snow White's Adventures scared the Dopey out of me. I'm not sure why. Did the witch pop out more back then or was I just a scaredy-cat?

I agree totally. As an adult, AE and Dinosaur were probably the closest to 'scary' at Disney, especially when doing them for the first time. As a parent, Snow White was the worst for my kids. About 20 years ago when we did it with our son, it was very scary for youngsters. I understand they have toned it down since then. Of course, they've toned down AE, also, with Stitch!

DisneyFr33k
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
It's a Small World?

Especially when the ride stops and you're stuck there for 15 minutes.......

Imagineer1981
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
space Mountain!!!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Dinosaur... The last 2 times I rode it, I have my eyes closed. Maybe DH will persuade me to go again.

AE was really scary for me too. Only went on it once. I was even hesitant to go on it when they changed it to Stitch.

TinkerbelleRoo
02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm a big chicken but two rides stand out for me:

Emotionally scariest- Snow White- That witch..I'm not proud to say I screamed and grabbed my Mom's hand (and she claims almost broke it) the one time I rode it. And yes, I was over the age of 10 at the time. I've not gone on it since. No interest.

Physically scariest- ToT-I love the Twilight Zone show and wanted to see the themeing and all of the ride after reading about it. I figured, its 'Disney, how scary can this possibly be?. Yeah. I probably should've rethought that.

I've got a fear of heights and hate anything with a big drop (like Flumes, which means, yes, I've never once rode Splash Mountain). I remember the whole experience rather vividly. I was seated next to my dad, in the back row of the car, he had the middle seat and at that point (ToT had recently opened) there was only that seatbelt on those seats. Behind us was the grate thats in the back of hte car.

We went up and everything was fine and then came the drop. I spent the rest of the ride crying into my dad's shoulder with a view of the grating. Needless to say I was shaking when it was over.

Now whenever my family goes to DHS, I happily wait for them and look in the stores.

olivegirl
02-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I took a poll of the family and they said Dinosaur also. Great ride though.:mickey:

mouselover93
02-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm a big chicken but two rides stand out for me:

Emotionally scariest- Snow White- That witch..I'm not proud to say I screamed and grabbed my Mom's hand (and she claims almost broke it) the one time I rode it. And yes, I was over the age of 10 at the time. I've not gone on it since. No interest.

same with snow white i finally sat through the whole thing with my eyes open two years ago. at the age of 15 lol

disneyworld55925592
02-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Dinosaur and TOT deff. I think the fact that they change up TOT everytime you go on it. You never know the drop pattern. Thats what makes it scary and exciting.

Dragongirlx
02-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I really hate the bit in the graveyard in the haunted mansion. When those goulish faces pop up from behind gravestones I always jump about a foot even though I know they are coming. The rest of the ride doesn't bother me at all.
My sister is terrified of Dinosaur she will go on it but just cowers the whole time. There was a really great picture of her last year trying to crawl over me to get away from the carnosaur which I still regret not buying.

Brooklynos
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Dinosaur... but only when I sit in the very back. That last dinosaur at the end gets me every time, I don't think i saw it the first few times that I rode it.

thrillme
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Never had any fears of any rides. My DS was scared to death in "Honey I Shrunk the Audience"...He defensively fired his squirt bottle at the giant lion coming out of the screen thereby soaking the people in front of us (thank goodness they had a sense of humor and laughed about it). I made him go back and see it again...only this time I took a little magic out of it by explaining how 3-D worked...My Mom was pretty scarey because he called Grandma (back in Texas) complainng that I was going to make him see the "scarey movie again"...She "threatened" me but she couldn't touch me because I was 18 hours away..."nah-nah-boo-boo"...:thedolls:

Alien Encounter...was interesting. My boy didn't fear it at all but a lot of people were really shook up at it. (Do aliens REALLY land in Disneyworld...:confused:). At first we weren't really impressed because it didn't MOVE like we expected it too (we were strapped in rather tightly...figured the room was going to spin, tilt and whirl...)...HOWEVER...after we left we observed some people coming out shaking and a couple crying (really now). We went back in to watch people...I really think Stitch was a mistake...

Disneypixie513
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
ToT for sure. My parents made me ride it when I was 13. I had seen the ride and how it worked on the Travel Channel specials, and it scared me to death. While in line, I was almost in tears. But I rode it and loved it.
To this day, I still freak out in the line. I'm a nervous wreck up until the first drop, then I love the ride. It's just the build up that scares me.That and the hanging there feeling right before the first drop.

mook3y
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Dinosaur was the scariest ride for me.

A lot of it had to do with the fact that I had never been on it before and convinced my son who was only 3 at the time to go on the ride with me.

I was terrified for him!

His comment after we got off the ride was simply:

"That was kind of scary dad."

"I don't think I want to go on it again."

:blush:

DigitalDaredevil
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
At 8 years old, Haunted Mansion at DL. I cried like a baby. Some people never let me live that down.
But more recently, Alien Encounter takes the cake. That ride made me jump. It was well done. It is a shame what they did to it.
I also have to mention Dinosaur, at least the first time I rode it when all of the effects were working.

plutosnana
02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Okay if I had too choose to ride Tea Cups or Dino ride I would choose Tea cups but if I had too choose between Tower of Terror or Dino ride I would choose the Dino ride If I have too go on Dino ride It's fine but I'd rather ride somthing else. :blush:

QTPie68
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
For me, Snow White is scary. Yes, I know I am an over 40 year old, but I still do like going on it. I think that the movie scared me as a young child (the witch scenes) and I think that is what to this day, still gets me.

For my DH it is Peter Pan. He as a child almost fell out of the one in DL so he still thinks it is "very high up" in the London scene and although rides it with me, closes his eyes during that one scene.

Mousemates
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
as a nine year old child in 1974...it was Snow White...dark shadows, wicked witch, vivid imagination...I was terrified.

As an adult it would have to be waiting for the next random drop on Tower of Terror...thou I wouldn't really describe the ride as scary...thrilling yes, but scary no.

lettripp
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I was TERRIFIED of the Haunted Mansion all the way up until high school (I remember hiding behind my dad during the entire ride). Now that I'm older, HM is a little freaky but Alien Encounter was much worse. I don't get afraid of thrill rides, but I am not a fan of surprises. However, as much as AE was terrifying, Stitch is gross and I'd prefer to be scared than waning to vomit.

Granny Jill A
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Dinosaur. I have ridden it many times, but I still don't know what the whole ride looks like.

All my photos show me with my head down and my eyes closed.

One of these days, I hope to get the courage to experience the whole thing.

slpngbty56
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Mr. Toads wild ride! I really thought we were gonna get hit by a train. I was only 7 and this ride got me. Just goes to show you how much kids will believe.

I wish i had remembered this when I took my 4 year old DS on AE. I had had never ridden myself but thought" Hey this is Disney, How scary can it be?" He was so scared he wiggled out of the seat and said" Lets Get OUTTA HERE" and we did. After that he wouldn't ride anything in the dark for about 7 years.

Pop Centurion
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
That I've ever been on........ ToT!!!!!

I would never get on it but finally got up the courage in 2006 so my girlfriend didn't have to ride it herself. I was nervous throughout the entire line and considered bailing. :blush:
By the time we got on I had myself anxious that my stomach was in knots. I kept telling myself it's just drops & rises, no big deal. Then the first drop came!!!!! Let's just say it was much more extreme than expected. I had a death grip on my poor girlfriends thigh and kept repeating "is it over?"
Needless to say, I haven't been on since.

ParkMan
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
There's probably nothing I find scary in a "horror movie" sense. WDW just doesn't go there.

However, I was afraid of ToT for a number of years. Irrational fear of extreme discomfort while riding.

The ride that scared me the most - Mission Space (original version). I left that ride and felt queasy all afternoon. Put a real damper on my afternoon at Epcot. Ever since I've been scared of having that happen again!

BigThunderFan
02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Mr. Toads wild ride! I really thought we were gonna get hit by a train. I was only 7 and this ride got me. Just goes to show you how much kids will believe.

Not just kids! My grandfather came over from Poland and had never been on anything like this before, let alone been to a theme park. He thought the train was real too! Needless to say he had a hard time riding anything else the rest of the time... :)

DisneyOtaku
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Tower of Terror! The suspense leading up to it...the never knowing when you're going to drop...how many times you're going to drop...all creepy!

Though, for some members of my family..."it's tough to be a bug" :secret:

sfieldgirl16
03-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Dinosaur...but i love it anyway,its funn and scary in the samee riide!! also alien encounter scared me too

c&d
03-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Alien Encounter, was not expecting that at all.

MMFreak
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Alien Encounter!

BigWes6
03-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Tiki Room .... Of course its one of my DWs favs... It just creeps me out:sick::(:ack:

indytraveler
03-19-2010, 09:43 AM
The Scary Adventures of Snow White. It has the word scary right in it. Rode first time in '72 and those FX on the rides back then were good. Kinda funny. Thought the alligators were going to GET me!

passholderryan
03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Everytime we get on this, I tell my wife and everyone else within earshot.... "Here we go, the scariest ride at Disney......DISNEY TRANSPORT". Its not on a track or run by computers.:cool::cool:

Patricia
03-19-2010, 12:05 PM
ToT.

Again, I apologize to any Intercotees I may have "hugged" too hard. :blush:

Tinker Fan
03-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Mine is Tower of Terror, also the first time i rode Expedition Everest it really messed with me for the whole next day i was disoriented and i haven't rode it since.

queenmom9497
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
TOT and Mission Space (intense).

donnine
03-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Tower of Terror - hands down. I hated ToT so much that I was actually considering passing on it for my next trip, but with the new effects to be added this summer, I guess I will have to do it one more time to see what all the buzz is about.

We have a picture of me hugging the tree right outside the ToT exit, I love that tree dearly at that moment.

Any details on the new effects?

finaldynasty
03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
For my kids, it is Stitch by far...Hey, they are only 7, 6, 2. Eventhough they always talk about how afraid they are it is one of the first rides they want to get on at MK! Go figure. :mickey: