PDA

View Full Version : Which is closer?

debandbub
02-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Just curious- which is closer to the World Showcase entrance- Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas? I think we are leaning toward BWV for our next trip, but just curious, since we plan on spending lots of time at the F&W fest!:wine::eat:
thank you for your help!

faline
02-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I could be wrong but it feels like Beach Club is closer? It's a straight walk in from the Beach Club. From Boardwalk, you have to go over the bridge.

KAT1811
02-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I could be wrong but it feels like Beach Club is closer? It's a straight walk in from the Beach Club. From Boardwalk, you have to go over the bridge.

:ditto:

That's what I was thinking. Because you have to cross the bridge Beach club is a shorter walk. But aside from that I would say that they are both the same distance from Epcot.

debandbub
02-12-2010, 08:11 PM
You guys are always so awesome to answer so quickly! I remember going over a bridge to the Boardwalk after leaving Epcot one evening, I guess I just didn't realize that BC was so close as well. It didn't seem like too much of a walk to BW from Epcot, I can't imagine that BC would be that much quicker. Am I off base? Either way, I think we are going to have a very nice time!
thanks again!:thumbsup:

bruin1344
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
i know bc villas is practically next door to world showcase, i am guessing bc is closer than bw villas

KAT1811
02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
t didn't seem like too much of a walk to BW from Epcot, I can't imagine that BC would be that much quicker.

It isn't a big difference, both are very close to WS. BC is closer but literally minutes closer if you are walking. The resorts face each other. When you came over the bridge if you kept walking straight instead of turning right to go towards WS you would have walked right into the last few rooms at the BC.

Have a fabulous trip!!!

Scar
02-13-2010, 08:15 AM
According to Google Earth, the entrance to BC is .28 miles to the International Gateway and .38 to BW entrance. But, if you are in the BC wing closest to Epcot (like we were last year,) there is a door that is only .14 miles.

And yes, I have nothing better to do on a Saturday morning. :D

Ian
02-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Ha ... Scar you beat me to it. ;)

Having stayed at both, I can tell you that BC is definitely closer than BW but not by a whole lot. Although at the end of a long day beating feat around World Showcase, a tenth of a mile feels a lot longer!

Also, bear in mind that your room location can dramatically impact the distance you have to walk. I suppose, at least theoretically, if you got the closest room to Epcot at BW and the farthest at BC then the walk from BW might be a bit shorter.

debandbub
02-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Scar- you're awesome! Thanks for checking on that for me! Ian- thanks for the info too! We are used to walking and being on our feet every day, so hopefully .10 mile shouldn't be too much of an impact. (one day at the parks, we walked 16 miles according to my pedometer!) I have always wanted to stay at BW, I am just glad the BC isn't that much closer to make me change my mind.
and I say it every time one of my questions gets answered by the experts here- but :rocks:

paragon
02-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Beach club is slightly closer, think of it as a clock face, with Epcot at 8 o'clock, beach Club at 6, and Boardwalk at 1. You will go over a bridge either way, as it crosses the waterway.

andreallybadeggs
02-13-2010, 09:50 AM
According to Google Earth, the entrance to BC is .28 miles to the International Gateway and .38 to BW entrance. But, if you are in the BC wing closest to Epcot (like we were last year,) there is a door that is only .14 miles.

And yes, I have nothing better to do on a Saturday morning. :D

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
Oh wait, but then here I am in my grandma robe
commenting on your pathetic Saturday. :blush: