PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Flower & Garden Fest.

Maleficent_vf
02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Does this year's Flower & Garden Festival have a theme? Seems like last year's theme was something like Cinderellabration...but my memory could be failing me (it does often). :blush:

Strmchsr
02-13-2010, 08:10 AM
If I remember correctly, this year's theme is "Great Outdoors" and will feature outdoorsy type stuff in the topiaries with Donald and friends at the front entrance. Last year's theme was "Celebrate Springtime" and had the princesses at the entrance to Epcot. "Cinderellabration" was a show at MK.

Scar
02-13-2010, 08:21 AM
If I remember correctly, this year's theme is "Great Outdoors" and will feature outdoorsy type stuff in the topiaries with Donald and friends at the front entrance."Outdoorsy type stuff", you mean like... flowers... and gardens? ;)

Strmchsr
02-13-2010, 09:32 AM
"Outdoorsy type stuff", you mean like... flowers... and gardens? ;)

Hey, brother, I don't make up the descriptions. Just reporting it like WDW did. :D

To be more clear, though, I think it's supposed to be sort of based on the Camp Minnie-Micky characters - fishing, waterfalls, hiking, etc.

dreamscometrue
02-13-2010, 07:59 PM
whatever the theme, I can't wait! Getting to my happy place on 4/16 and i just love the topiary!:magic:

SurferStitch
02-14-2010, 12:58 PM
We can't wait to see it!! DH surprised me with a quick 5 day trip the first week of May! It was an early Valentine's Day gift!

I really loved the F&GF when we went for the first time in 2008, and I am so excited to be going back. I'm a flower junkie!

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2010, 01:23 PM
"Outdoorsy type stuff", you mean like... flowers... and gardens?

A distinctly unique concept.

disney100%
02-14-2010, 09:26 PM
We'll be there for opening day and my mom will be seeing it for the first time. My DH and I have visited during the festival and just love it. I can't wait for my mom to see the displays!

Strmchsr
02-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Disney has just posted the brochure for this year's F&GF. You can see it here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/EpcotInternationalFlowerAndGardenFestival/2010_FG_Festival_Guide.pdf).

Jenemmy
02-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Disney has just posted the brochure for this year's F&GF. You can see it here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/EpcotInternationalFlowerAndGardenFestival/2010_FG_Festival_Guide.pdf).

Thanks!! Can't wait!

azcavalier
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
We can't wait to see it!! DH surprised me with a quick 5 day trip the first week of May! It was an early Valentine's Day gift!

I really loved the F&GF when we went for the first time in 2008, and I am so excited to be going back. I'm a flower junkie!

Hey! That was our first trip, too! And we're going back the first week of May for five days as well! You know what they say about great minds!

olivegirl
02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the F&GF brochure link!:mickey:

Jenemmy
02-17-2010, 09:14 AM

I think I posted this on another thread, but after going to the F&G Festival last year, it is hard to imagine seeing Epcot any other way! I was blown away -- and this is coming from someone who has absolutely NO gardening talent. LOL....I kill plants by looking at them. Maybe that's why I appreciate the displays so much!

We will be there the first week in May, also. Staying at the Dolphin so I can stroll on over to Epcot :mickey: