PDA

View Full Version : AKL - Club Level

JoDisney
02-12-2010, 06:05 PM
The rooms at AKL - Club Level Are all facing the savannah at Arusha Rock? What are rooms like?

JoDisney
02-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Are all standard club level rooms at AKL on the savannah?

DizneyRox
02-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I thought Club Level at AKL was just an add-on, the lounge is key card access, so technically it could be added to any room in the building.

JoDisney
02-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I really do not know. The explanation at the Disney World site say "views of Arusha savannah." I recall when it first opened that you could get a pool view or a savannah view. You never could request a savannah view. You might end up with a pool view. Now, I was told the club level rooms are on the fourth floor and you are given a "key" for the club lounge. I just want to make sure you are given a savannah view room. It would be nice if this was explained.

TammiMcMan
02-13-2010, 06:33 PM
When the club level rooms were located on the 5th and 6th floor, they were varied views. Since those particular rooms were all converted to DVC, the club level has been moved to the 4th floor and rooms do overlook the savannah. I believe the only "difference" between a standard room and a standard club level room is that the club level rooms have a DVD player and nightly turn down service (in addition to the lounge access and other service amenities).

As an FYI, you always needed a coded "key" to access the lounge. That hasn't changed. The key is inserted into a slot in the elevator which unlocks the button for the lounge level. With the standard club level rooms being on the 4th floor now, the lounge is not as convenient and some people request a room closer to the elevator.