PDA

View Full Version : Jillian Micheal's 14 day cleanse & burn

Disneyatic
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I am thinking about giving this a try....I've lost some weight but slacked off and seem to be at a wall. Was thinking this might "jump start" the path to a few more lbs....
Has anyone tried this or know someone who has?

Was curious to any info or experiences!

GoofyforFun
02-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Have not done that particular one . But DW and I do the 30 day Shred and No more trouble zones DVD and have seen progress and Love them. I'll have to check the 14 cleanse ?? She does now how to get you lean I believe.

BrerGnat
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I read something online about JM being sued over one of her "supplements". I'd do some internet research to find out which one and why, before using any of those products.

For what it's worth, all those "cleanse" products are basically laxatives and a LOT of caffeine. Look at the ingredient list. Magnesium, Senna and/or buckthorn are laxatives (which cause lots of cramping, by the way).

The "burn" part is massive amounts of caffeine or other stimulant products.

These "cleanse/detox" supplements work by eliminating water weight and "waste products". You can lose a few pounds this way, but it doesn't last. You will be forced to recoup the lost fluids by your body's instinct to drink water. And the second you start eating food AFTER taking the supplement, you will go back to your previous weight.

The only true way to lose weight (and it's FREE), is to know how many calories you are burning each day and eating LESS than that, to create a deficit.

If you have an ipod touch or iphone, there are some great applications for this.

Tinkerfreak
02-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I used this about a month ago and while it did not give me any cramping or side effects right away it caused major irregularity. I had constipation for days. It definately cleansed ( at first) but not sure how well it burned. :D I didn't feel like I lost weight any faster than before I started it.
Also I did read that Jillian is being sued but I think it is for another supplement that claims to be a calorie burner or something like that not the cleanse and burn.

I would not buy it again.

sonkist32
02-13-2010, 12:58 AM
people, stop buying this <snip>. If you want to loose weight, eat healthy..fruit, veggies, whole grains, lean meats. No white bread/rice/processed carbs, hamburger and get some excersise..shedding pounds is a simple matter of eating less/burning more than your bodies need during a day. It's not rocket science and it's amazing how people will say "healthy food is expensive" but then drop a few hundred bucks on the newest greatest miracle diet book/dvd/pill. Take some personal responsibility and you'll be fine...you're not going to loose 20 lbs in 3 weeks...it will take 3+ months to do it the right way.

kakn7294
02-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Disneyatic, I totally understand what you mean about getting stuck in your weight loss program. It happened to me a few years ago when I was on Weight Watchers. Unfortunately for me, I never did get over it and have since gained all my weight back. If you can keep up a healthy diet and exercise program, you should eventually start to lose again but sometimes it takes quite a while and a lot of patience. I don't recommend any of these cleanse and burn programs as they are as BrerGnat suggested - heavy on laxatives and caffeine - and totally unhealthy. In some people, they can even cause serious electrolyte imbalances which could lead to heart arrhythmias and even death.

Disneyatic
02-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies and input! I know that diet and healthy exercise are the only ways to true and longterm weight loss...but who isn't tempted by a "magic pill"??

I have never had the nerve to actually try one of these because my luck it would have horrible side effects!
I think I'm going to have to really reduce my calories and try to kick it in gear.