PDA

View Full Version : disney in october

mouselover93
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
how is WDW decorated for Halloween? is it nicer or about the same as at Christmas?

faline
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Generally, the only decorations you'll find will be in the Magic Kingdom. They're really terrific during Mickey's Not So Scary parties!

Christmas holiday decorations are far more extensive and wide-spread than Halloween decorations are.

Polynesian Dweller
02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
As famine says, the decorations are primarily on MK and this past October they were very good. The flagpole area at the train station had several dioramas and the entire main street area was decked out with pumpkin and fall displays. Not much in the other parks but some countries in Epcot sometimes have small harvest displays but nothin extensive. But Epcot is great at that time with the Food and Wine Festival stands.

ryca1dreams
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I think they were trying to do a more "fall" theme than specifically Halloween because they had decorations up as early as mid-September (MK) - at least in 2008. But I agree, the Christmas decorations are far more widespread.

crltkcagle
02-13-2010, 12:56 PM
The decorations are great! We were there in 07 and attended MNSSHP and it was awesome. Of course I am a big halloween person and disney person and the two combined were fantastic for me! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
02-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Not the same as Christmas but MK is awesome especially during MNSSHP (the Halloween Party). I particularly like the holograms over the buildings on Main St USA. Very cool at night! :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
02-14-2010, 09:10 AM
This past summer the Halloween decorations were up in early in September. The first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was September 4th.