PDA

View Full Version : Ride Information for little kids

Itchy
02-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Maybe I have missed something but I have not been able to find anything other than height restrictions, ect. for kids.

If there is not a forum wouldn't be nice if there was more information that is not driven on height restrictions for kids like my grand daughter who will be 2 1/2 when we go in May.

It would be nice to have a list of the attractions that she could ride on or see this would help to plan a vacation for her as well.

We adults lay out our trip by parks and ride why not the little ones.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.:mickey:

Scar
02-12-2010, 11:19 AM
This page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp) has some info like what rides have intense effects and such. Do you have any specific questions? The problem with a list like the one you are asking for is that all kids are different. What might be a good attraction for one 3 year old might not be for another.

Mickey'sGirl
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
I agree, that information such as "Scare Factor" or "Motion" and the like is very useful when planning for children. The book "Fodor's Walt Disney WorldŽ With Kids 2010: With Universal Orlando And Seaworld" has charts within it that rate attractions for elements such as these. You might find it a useful book when you are planning.

As far as which rides she can go on...anything without a height restriction is rideable. We had our then 6 month old son on everything from Pirates to Peter Pan.

Itchy
02-12-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree with everything that has been said. I just thought it would be nice on this forum to have a small area just for the kids aspect.

There are so many Intercot'es here with kids that could share there good, bad, and ugly parts of WDW for kids.

A list of all of the more little kid friendly rides would be great for each theme park.

Maybe this would be a big can of worms to open.

Scar
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Hmmm... I just went to the WDW website. They used to list all the attractions by catagory such as "thrills" and "for the kiddies" or something like that, but I couldn't find it. Now they list the attractions and then after each one it says who it is geared towards.

I think your best bet is to make a list of your own, then post it right in this forum and let people comment on it.

BigThunderFan
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Like others said, it is all so dependent on the individual child. My 3 year old DD LOVED Haunted Mansion, it was her favorite ride. But my friend's 9 year old DD was extremely scared. You just never know!

It's just like so many of the discussions you see on here for the adults. Some people love certain rides, but others dislike them for one reason or another. There is no universal guide to what ride a kid will like. In fact, the closest I would say a ride comes to people universally liking it is Toy Story Mania, but even that one has people that dislike it. So again, you never know until you see your child's reaction to it.

KylesMom
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
We've been buying Birnbaum's Disney World for Kids for DS since he was a youngster. Gives the "low down" for both parents and kids for what may potentially be scary for them. Even if your granchildren can't read, they'll enjoy the pictures and you'll get a feel for how other kids feel about these attractions.

Maybe this would be a big can of worms to open. I don't think so. However, because every one's children can and will react in so many different ways, it's difficult to say if a 2 1/2 or 4-year old would be ok on Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean or not. I agree with Scar - make a list of the attractions you're unsure of, and then request feedback from parents on what they think. :mickey:

g8rgirl29
02-12-2010, 06:27 PM
A few years ago the WDW site had a map and theme thing going on that was geared towards toddlers. I will see if I can find it again, or copies of it and send it on. I think they called it magical beginnings or something like that. Let me dig through my Disney file!!

g8rgirl29
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Here is the link they still have it on Disney's website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/MagicalBeginningsGuide.pdf

g8rgirl29
02-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Here is the main page for Traveling with Little Ones: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/traveling-with-little-ones/

Itchy
02-12-2010, 09:54 PM
g8rgirl29 Thank you so much for the link.

That was what I was looking for. I can sit down with my daughter and plan our vacation with the little one in mind.

I knew someone on Intercot would have the answer. Again thank you.:mickey:

g8rgirl29
02-12-2010, 11:20 PM
You're Welcome!! Have a great time!!